Monday, February 06, 2006

Perak Trip

Last weekend, 5 of us-Chen, Siew Foong, Yao Tung, Wai Kei and I went to Perak for a 2 days 1 night trip. It was really a very fun trip. I have not been so happy for quite some time already. Err... for me I'm happy but I'm not very sure about others. They might not feel as happy as I am because their ears were suffered. They had to listen to me talk non-stop. Hehe...

Saturday 7.30 early in the morning, Yao Tung drove his car to Megamall Perai to fetch me and Wai Kei from Butterworth side. Off we go heading Ipoh for breakfast. We wanted to go for Fu Shan Dim Sum as Andy Lau told Yao Tung that it's nice, so we decided to try there, afterall it's the most famous dim sum place in Ipoh. We didn't know the way there, only using a map drawn by our artist Yao Tung but luckily we have a very good navigator Wai Kei sitting beside him studying the map. We did stop to ask around. We were quite amazed by Wai Kei's ability to remember the direction. 3 of us girls will definitely forgot the directions if we didn't write down what the people say. We made it to the restaurant around 9.30am with only one try.

By looking at the restaurant you definitely agree that it's really a VERY famous dim sum place. It's so crowded. Basically we have to stand beside the table to wait for the other customers to finish their meal and faster grab the seat. We had to prepare ourselves well for that important and tough stunt, using our brilliant head, sharp eye sight and observation skills to determine which customers will finish their meal faster, then check whether there's anyone standing beside that table to wait already, if no... we have to immediately squeeze our way through the extremely narrow pathway between all the crowded tables and chair to stand beside that table. Luckily I'm slim enough so this stunt is rather not that tough for me...hehe... That's not the end of the stunt yet. While standing beside the tables, we must make sure there's no other people to stand beside this table to compete with us. Once someone walk near, we must immediately use oour eye contact to convey the message "This Table Is Mine!!!" to them. We waited patiently for almost 15minutes or so until they stand up. Once their butt are off the chair, we immediately use our butt to stick on that chair.

That's the whole stunt to get a place to sit. But mind you, once you sit down and started your meal, there will be another person standing beside your table, repeating all the stunt to wait for you to get up. It's too crowded until the dim sum trolley hardly get to pass by our table. Most of the time we have to squeeze our way through to the trolley to get our own food. The most "memorable" thing is that the big fishball costs RM1.30 each. So EXPENSIVE!!! For 5 of us, we pay RM57. Afterall, I think the dim sum there is just normal. The taste is a bit different but I think Penang dim sum is tastier. Anyway, we paid for the experience and memory...

After that, we went to Perak Cave. There are a lot of steps. So tiring. Only3 of us- Yao Tung, Siew Foong and I managed to climb til the hill top, the highest point. That shows Chen and Wai Kei are the xxxest among us. hehe.The scenery there is quite nice. We took a lot of pictures. This is my first time visit the cave. It's very AWESOME. That's all natural, not man made. How beautiful is God's creation that no man can ever do so. We also went through a big challenge there. There were a lot of monkeys. When Chen saw the monkey, she's the only one kept shouting "Wah... You see, the monkeys tails are so long. Penang's monkey's tails not so long!!!". ..sigh.. Anyway, the monkey there were very fierce. They were mating and we took our camera out to take some shots, who knows...the male one got angry as we spoilt his "party", it wanted to attack us and it's really scary. It stood at the steps and didn't allow us to go down. We stood there frightened and waited for awhile then only rushed our way down.

We then tried to figure our way by asking people around to go to the Kek Lok Cave. When wereached the parking space, the worker took care of the car park used a feather duster to direct our way to the car park. So weird. But we managed to find out why they use feather duster. When you parked your car, they'll use the feather duster to clean your car while waiting for you to come out and pay them. What a brilliant idea!! This cave was even nicer. After the cave, there was a big Lotus Pond. If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time I saw such nice Lotus flower. It's so beautiful. Then Siew Foong and Chen told us that we can eat the seed of the Lotus flower. So we walked around the pond to look for any seed thatis nearer and we can get it. We found one and Yao Tung was our hero to steal...Oops, I think I used the wrong word, not steal, but to reach out to the seed and save it from being burned by the sunlight and become dry, by plucking it for us to taste.

Lunch time, we travelled around and found one very interesting roasted duck restaurant, we walked pass it and the smells stopped us and we were FORCED to go in or else we'll feel guilty for our taste bud and stomach. The food is nice but the portion is small. I'm not sure whether is the portion small or the plate is too big. Anyway, we enjoyed our lunch very much.

Then, we went to the Lata Kinjang Waterfall. It's a Saturday so a lot of people went there too. The place was very dirty. Visitors who went for picnic just throw all their garbage there. No only clean it too. It really spoilt the beautiful scenery of the waterfall. We walked up to the highest place where the water directly come down to us. That spot was the cleanest spot as we got to use the water first hand. The water was extremely cold and strong. Only Yao Tung and Wai Kei managed to stand under the place where the water directly rushed down from the hill. Wai Kei's body was red as he didn't wear his shirt. Around 5.30pm we walked back to the car to get ourselves changed. The toilet there was really earning huge profit. They collected 50cents each time you went in. The worst part was they didn't clean the toilet. Collect money but no need to clean. What a good business to invest. It's so dirty and disgusting that after you went in, you will not feel like bathing but just change.

We travelled to Langkap where Chen's stay. Her house is big. She even has a well in her house. But a lot of mosquitoes. The mosquito spesies there were different. It's just SOoooooo itchy... We rested and bathed. I can't stand the heaty weather and maybe I slept late for a couple of days too. Yao Tung and I can't stand the headache and had to eat panadols. I had to lie down and take a short nap to recharge my battery. Then we went out to a restaurant nearby for our dinner with Chen's family members. Chen's brother was so generous and he treated us a very nice meal. We had big prawns, two fishes, crabs and so on... Chen's sister is a very nice person and she can talk with us. She actually thought that Yao Tung is only 17 and Wai Kei is only 20. I can't believe that!!! She guessed all our age wrong. She thought we were so much younger.

Langkap is just a very small town and nothing much there. We went to a minimarket nearby to buy Nescafe, planning to stay up late tonight to play cards. They thought me how to play "jimlami", I don't know how to spell it or what's the correct pronunction of that game, but it sounds like that. hehe. Wai Kei didn't join us as he's the first one to feel sleepy and went to bed quite early. It's a very nice game, but it's only nice for me and Siew Foong as only both of us always win the games. Poor Chen and Yao Tung had to shuffle and distribute the cards always until they can't stand it anymore and asked to change the rules-those who win will have to distribute the cards instead of those who lose. Siew Foong and I also pity them so we agreed with the new rules. So for the second half of the game, Siew Foong and I have to shuffle the cards as still both of us leading. We played til around 2am and went to bed. I can't sleep, very hungry but I can't wake them up to find food. Poor me, have to force myself to sleep in hungryness.

Early in the morning around 7.30am, Chen woke me up. I was still very blur in my dream, so I asked her what for ask me to wake up so early. Then only I remembered we had to go for breakfast with her family members. I walked out and saw that I still have to line up for my queue to wash up so I decided to stick to my bed for another few minutes and be the last one to wash up. Someone knocked the door and I thought it's my turn so I immediately jumped up and got my stuff, but Yao Tung was the culprit who only knocked the door for fun. He still haven't wash up. With my blur face, I sighed and closed back the door and continue my sleep until he's done then only I willing to wash up.

We went for Dim Sum again in a restaurant there. There were not much of varieties. The dim sum was not bad except for the "lo bak go". It tasted weird but I didn't know how weird is it until Siew Foong said that it tasted like cockroaches. Urghh.... Anyway, Chen's brother treated us again. We continue to sit there and chat for hours since no one is standing beside us to wait for us to get up like in Fu Shan. Chen gave us some riddles and we shared jokes. Lots of laughters...

After the breakfast, we drove around and went to the neighborhood town called Chui Chak which I never heard before. That's paddy field all along the road. We saw some beautiful white birds in the paddy field and decided to stop our car and went down to the paddy field for a walk and to take some pictures. But who knows by the time we walked there, the birds were all gone. No birds left for us to take any pictures. But we found something interesting. We saw some red or pink small little "thing" near the paddy field. It sticks on the drain and the side there. Out of curiousity, we did some experiment by poking it and there were some red liquid flowing out. There were a lot of snails there too.

It was a very very hot day, we went back to our car, Yao Tung drove into a small kampung and wanted to make a U-turn, then we saw a notice board there with the pictures of the red or pink thing. We then realize that was the bad spesies that spoilt the paddy. They were asking us to destroy all the things. So we did something great just now by poking it. hehe. ( Sorry that I have to keep on saying that "thing" as I don't know what is it called. )

We went back to Chen's house and continued our cards game until aorund 1 something. We went out for lunch. Chen's eldest sister is a cook, she has an economy rice stalls just around her house. So we went there to have our FREE lunch again. The food was nice although not much left as we came out too late. Chen's sister then introduced us something new, it's called "hungry ghost pao". It's like normally pao here but it's long in shape. It's long and cut into 4 pieces. The pao is really nice. We bought some back.

Then we went to Anson or Teluk Intan. Now only I know these two names are the same place. Before this, I thought it's two different places. We went to the Anson Leaning Tower. It's really leaning. We went inside and saw some very weird and interesting signboard. "All couples who went into the tower must come out in 10 minutes time." Weird isn't it? What kind of rules is that? What can a couple do inside the tower??

We went to the Anson River, sat there for a chat. Then we went to buy the famous Anson Biscuit. I bought some back as I know my family loves that biscuit. Wai Kei bought the most. Maybe he has too many girl friends so he had to buy more... Then we drove back to Chen's house. On the way, we had a lot of interesting conversation. We talked about Wai Kei and Yao Tung's character and dug stories from everyone of us. I realized that I like to talk to Wai Kei or rather listen to him speak. He's willing to share things that he know and has his own opinion towards things too. I learnt a lot from his conversation. It prompted me to think of things that i never thought of before.

We bathed and packed our things. Chen's sister with her family in a car guided us the way to Kampar famous makan place. We ate together and so "paiseh" that her sister treated us again. She told us that there are some very nice buildings near the new Kampar TAR college, she described and said it's like european building. We can't really believe that but once we reached there, we were like kampung people first time go to KL and saw nice building. The building there are really very nice. Unvelievable!!! You can't believe that in such a small town Kampar will have such a nice building with all the modern cafe there. We ran down to take some pictures but who knows the minute we went down, rain started pouring so we only managed to get a few pictures. After that, we said goodbye to Chen's sister and travelled our way back to Penang.

On the way, we continue our interesting conversation. That's the time, they realized I can't stop talking for even 1 minute. I'm so noisy and talkative. hehe... My apologies if I made you guys feel irritated. We dropped Wai Kei back to his house in Tambun and went inside to have a look. I like the dining table very much.

Then, our kind hearted Yao Tung fetched me back to my grandma's house in Perai. That's our trip to Perak. This is my first time going somewhere with them as I missed their last trip to Tasik Kenyir. I really love travelling around like this with a bunch of close friends. Thanks a lot for bringing me along ya!!! So if they don't ask me to go with them for their next trip, then I'll understand is because I'm too noisy. hehe...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aiyo....a long story la!!!!i really admire u that u can write such a long and detail message. ^0^ anyway..i like it....and i enjoyed the trip oso...actually i like to listen to ur 'talk'..

ganchan said...

wow..very detailed description...are you sure you didn't leave out anything? :D

Anonymous said...

It was really a wonderful trip. I wished I was there with you all...