Last Sunday, we had a family night in our church organized by the Young People. It was a successful event and I'm so happy and so proud of all the young people, especially the Organizing Chairperson Eunice and the Food Coordinator my dear sister Ann Lee. I really enjoyed the whole session, from the planning stage to the preparing process and the event itself.
We did something different this time. We had a cooking competition to replace the normal pot bless dinner. The theme for the cooking competition is "HomeMade Special Recipe" whereby it's your special recipe that you can't buy it from outside. We also had a special gift for the winner. We bought a chef hat and wrote the word "BWGH Chef 2006" on it. Thank God that all church members had been so cooperative that they really put in their effort to prepare for the food. I think this is the first time in history that all the dishes was finished. It's so delicious, especially the drink...Why I promote the drink?? Because it's prepared by us the Young People and we named it "Lava Lava Lava", creative name by Sherlynn. What's so special about this drink? I would like to share and tell you how we made it, but since it's "Homemade SECRET Recipe" so I'm not supposed to tell... haha... If you are interested to know, give me a call and we'll negotiate for the copyrights fees... hehe...
We decorated the dining place differently too. Some of the Young People who were not there to help might not understand how tough it is to put up the cloth on the ceiling. We had tried so many ways and really struggle to put up that cloth. The wind was so strong and it's so hard to hold the cloth. At one point, I almost gave up because we have no ideas at all how to tight the cloth up there. Somemore it's so dangerous to climb on the shaky old staircase. But luckily we have a very perservere member Shin Yi who tried and tried and tried. She kept think of all sort of ideas to help. She's really wonderful. She thought of the idea of tying it with the cloth and it works. So I dare not say give up after seeing her determination. I used her techniques and managed to tie it.
After that, we had a drama session as the main event. We were divided into 3 groups. First, the "men square" - all men. Then the "ladies circle" - all ladies. And we the Young People. Everyone participated and enjoyed themselves. Not only they enjoyed acting but also enjoyed watching others act. It's so great to see church members to act. It has been a long time they were given a chance to act. It's a nice way to allow them to show their talent and some of them were really talented especially the "ladies circle" group. They really put in their effort and performed extremely well. We never know that they can be so humorous.
We, the Young People, acted 3 scenes with the theme "One Vision" which is to stay focus and always remember what's the purpose of us doing something. Last week during our practise, I suddenly came up with the idea that maybe we should have a song that is related to our drama, so I suggested our very talented composer Andrew Low-our own Young People to compose a song for the drama. He accepted the challenge but he asked me to write him the lyrics. Of course, I accepted the challenge too. It was my first time writing a real lyrics that will be composed into a song. I was so excited about it. Kept thinking of it every night when my lyrics has been passed to Andrew. I'm so looking forward to the day to listen to the song.
Sunday morning, Andrew Low taught us how to sing the song. The melody that he composed was really so nice. I felt like crying when I first listen to it. I'm not sure what's the reason, maybe I was so touched and never expected that there'll be someone who compose a song using my lyrics. Andrew Low also thought of a very appropriate title for the song called "One Vision". We performed it on the stage after our drama. Every Young People was on the stage singing their hearts out. I think this is also the first time Young People can sing so loud. This was the first time I felt so great and can really felt God's presence.
That night, I went to bed early. I took some time to reflect some of things that happenned for the whole process of preparing for this Family Night. I really want to thank God for giving us the talent and showing us the way on how to make good use of the talent that we had. I'm glad that the Young People too know how to make good use of their talent and serve God. I prayed that we will always remember the songs and the lyrics, not only to remember it but also to apply it in our daily life to walk closer to Him.
I would also like to thank all my YP member for giving me such a wonderful memory. I had not been so happy and feel so joyful for quite some time after the sad incident. This wonderful experience had made me stonger and I'll try my best to cope and I know I'll do more than just fine but WELL. Thanks...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment