Friday, August 11, 2006

My friend Yao Tung

Yao Tung is leaving to ShangHai, China this Saturday. I met up with him last night and passed him the small little gift that I made for him. It's a photo with many small little photos in it. It carries most of the memories we had together.

When I'm preparing for the gift, it makes me flashed back my memories and think of a lot of things too. I'm not very sure and I can't recall how we(Mooi Ying, Yao Tung, Steven and I) ended close 1 year ago. We just knew each other 15 months ago. It seems like we have known each other for a very long time already. I'm not sure how 4 of us just clicked and started to go out together quite often. Of course, most of the time we spent for FOOD...

I still remember we used to had a dream to climb Mount Kinabalu together and because of this dream we went for hiking quite often, but ended up the dream is not realised. :-( Anyway, still thanks to this dream that we get to spend time together and get to know each other better.

I still remember my 21st birthday. I spend the whole midnight with you guys, chatting on a bridge in the middle of the sea. Unforgettable...

It's very complicated..(I mean my feeling)...when I know that Yao Tung is leaving. I started to think a lot. I know I should be happy that he get to do what he wants to do. He loves travelling and wants to get more exposure. It's a great opportunity for him..(actually the main reason behind it, is..ShangHai is famous for pretty girls...GREATER OPPORTUNITY...just kidding..) to experience different thing and learn different lesson and of course get a larger market for his future wife too... But at the other hand, I'm sad to know he's leaving. He's really a nice friend and I really do treasure this friendship and scared that it will just end this way. I'll be losing a great friend again.

In this 1 year, I have been sending off 3 of my good friends.
First one is Steven who went to Australia to further his studies last year July. I was quite sad at that time but I know surely that we will still keep in touch and stay close with one another. I thought he'll be back soon and we'll still be with one another. That's why I didn't really feel that pain yet at that time. I can still hold my tears when I sent him off in the airport. It makes me feel even better to know that I still have my good friends Mooi Ying and Yao Tung with me. But now only I know that Steven will never be back again. He'll be gone forever. He's now no longer close to me. He's now no longer keep in touch with me and all the feelings are no longer the same anymore. He'll not come back to me anymore. I've lost him completely.

Second one is Mooi Ying who went to Singapore to work beginning of this year around February. I was quite sad too. Although I'm not really that close to her but I still treasure the friendship with her. Although she might not know how much I appreciate her, she's still a great friend to me. I still remember how kind she is to invite me for the paintball game with her friends. We spent most of the time eating and chatting too. I love the time when we practise hard for the Hip Hop dance. I really enjoyed it very much. I didn't get to send her off. I keep telling myself that it's just Singapore. Not very far. We'll definitely still keep in touch. It makes me feel better to know that I still have Yao Tung here with me. But now it seems that we seldom really communicate. Rarely I met her in MSN. But I'm glad that she found a job which she enjoys doing. I'm glad that she is doing what she likes now as I remembered she once said that her dream is to study in Japan and working in Singapore is part of the process to realise this dream. I know if I go to Singapore one day and call her, she'll still see me if she has the time. But I hope she do remember to give me a call too when she is back in Penang, I'll definitely meet up with her...

Now the third one is Yao Tung who is leaving to ShangHai to work this Saturday. I'm sad...very sad... This time nothing to make me feel better as there's no one here for me anymore. 4 of us and now I'm the only one. It really makes me realize how important friends are to me but sometimes I know I did take for granted without I noticing it. The saying is so true that we'll only realize and appreciate things when it's gone. I still remember we used to go hiking often and have dinner together after that. I know I can always go to him when I'm sad and down and when there's no one beside me. He might not be expert in expressing his thoughts and he's somewhat a quiet person, but he's a good listener... I'm not sure how our friendship will be...Will it last or will it lost?? I really hope that we can still keep in touch.

Last night, I asked him what he thinks about me. He gaves me a piece of advice which really helps. I'm bossy sometimes. I know that. I'm still trying my best. Sometimes I may have my own dream, own vision and direction and I expect others to follow MY way. I know it's not right. I'm trying hard to solve this attitude of mine. Sometimes when no one wants to say anything or make any decision, I'll just say what I think and thought that that's the best way, not knowing that actually majority don't think that way and are actually grumbling in their heart. I really appreciate that he actually say it out and let me know. I need people to remind me my mistakes and tell me how I performed in whatever that I do.

The only thing I'll like to share with him is that no matter what happen in future, always do remember what's your purpose in life. Sometimes we tend to get too involved in something or too blinded by some emotion and we forgot what's the real purpose of doing it. Don't lose your vision here, carried away by emotion. Remember to smile even when no one smiles to you. You can make the difference.

Wanted to ask him a question which I did ask Mooi Ying before she left too. "When you are in ShangHai, will you sometimes think of me and miss me??Will you?". Please say YES even though you don't. Anyway, I'll assume that you are a person who don't really express your thoughts so you actually do miss me..hahaha...

Lastly, he's really a nice friend and someone who really plays a big role in my heart. I really appreciate this friendship. Thanks a lot. Hope that he'll be happy always and do what he loves to do. Take care ya, my dear friend!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,

Very very touching while reading this ... I have the same feeling as you because i have 2 close friends from my secondary school left me to UK for their study. We knew each other almost 10 years. One of them left end of last years and the other one informed me just after few days when Yao Tung announced that he will go to Shanghai.I felt that why suddenly my friends beside me left me so fast. But i think everyone has to go through this experience in their life. So, we have to be optimistic. And hope that i can be your next listerner (or vice versa) in future :P

ganchan said...

一期一会

~aMyLeE~ said...

Kean Wah,

Glad to know that you are reading my blog. Thanks for dropping me a comment. I am always looking forward to read my friends' comments.

Glad to know you as I'm sure you are a great friend too... ;-) Hope to get to know you better...