Yesterday I attended St.Nicholas Toastmasters Club meeting. I was asked to talk on the topic True Love. I never really thought of this topic seriously or deeply before. Luckily I managed to pull through the 2 minutes.
What's is true love? I think it's very difficult to find a true love now. Even when you think it's a true love, it might become not so true anymore after some time. I'm really confused. One person who might tell you how much he actually loves you and gives you all the promises that you will be the last one, but after some time, things change. So how true is the true love? I wonder whether there's still anyone who believe in true love?
To me, true love is not just about love. It's far more than that. (That's why guys always can't understand why girls think so much) True love is more than just love, it's commitment, it's trust, it's respect and the list goes on and on and on....
I think it's more important to know how much effort you are willing to put into a relationship to make it works and turn that relationship into true love. It's never easy to manage a relationship. It's the toughest thing on earth. It's the most challenging yet exciting task to explore. Just like anything else, if you want a relationship to turn out to be a sweet and fruitful one, you have to put in extra effort in order to see the results that you want.
Love is not about how much your partner can gives you nor how much your partner is willing to change for you. Love is how much you are willing to give and share with your partner, how much you are willing to get to know your partner better and to learn to close the gap between both of you.
I wish that I can have someone whom I can share all my thoughts and feelings with. Someone whom I will not hide things from. Someone who can really go into my heart.
I wish that I can have someone whom I can do things together with....maybe partly of the reason is I simply don't like to do things alone.
I wish that I can have someone whom can understand my dreams and encourage me to reach for it instead of pulling me down and demotivate me. My dreams are different...it's not easy for others to understand my dreams...even my dad can't understand it..so sad :-(
These are just my own preference. Of course God is so much wiser than I am. He created me and He knows best what is the best for me. He might have a different set of criterias that He thinks is best for me. No matter what, I believe He knows what's best for me.
I know there are a few lessons that He wants me to learn before I get into the next relationship so that when the next guy appears, I know what I should do and what I shouldn't do. So I told myself, in this 1 year time, I'll not want to make any impulsive decision which is my own will but not His. I give myself 1 year time to get to know as many people as I can. Learn all the lessons that He wants me to learn. Open my eyes real WIDE to see properly this time so that I'll not be hurt again in the future. It's not easy to get to know ones true self. Need time... I need a long time to really get to know someone. Normally guys will act differently when they want to attract your attention... So I must open my eyes wide to see properly and really get to know that person well before I ask God that question "Is he the one?" again...
All the best to myself....for this coming 1 year. Looking forward to know what will happen next year this time. ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment