Last week I attended the GLO training school in Taiping. ( Most of us were curious what GLO stands for. Our legendary great Samuel even guess it as Global Learning Organisation... After a good laugh, only we found out that it stands for Gospel Literate Outreach. )
The theme for the week was "The life of Jesus". We went through the four gospels and studied about the life of Jesus in details. Many good lessons that I have learnt. ( I'll try to share it in my blog after I recompile my notes ) Besides that, there were many fun activities that we had too. ( I'll share if I can)
What I want to write out now is something that really bugs me and triggers me to think after the 1 week course. I think God is telling me something. I can really feel the urge.
Before this, I have always insisted that I'll find a job in Penang and stay in Penang to work. I'll continue to be active in Toastmasters circle. I have plan to be the next Area Governor and continue to serve as much as I can. I enjoy helping others and seeing them grow. All my mind was thinking about Toastmasters.
Now, it really hits me. Am I actually serving God or serving Toastmaster? Which God am I serving now? Looking back at what I have done in my church.... nothing much. I was just doing the same old routine and I have not grow much spiritually. How much time have I spent in serving God compared to the time that I have spent in serving Toastmaster? Which one has become my priority? Is Toastmaster more important than God? If not, why am I spending far more time in Toastmasters than with God or even in church ministry? I have attended other clubs meeting to improve myself but I have never attended other church to improve myself spiritually. I have been attending at least 6 Toastmasters meeting per month but I have been attending only maximum 4 Sunday mornings in church. I have been attending so many outside club meetings but I don't even attend my own church prayer meeting. I have been telling everyone that I know and met about Toastmasters but I have not told them about God.
All these questions just came into my mind and it really bothers me. What am I doing? What's my purpose? When I was thinking and pondering about all these questions, my mentor KK Chee came into the picture to help me. He might not really know what is in my mind, but his words really hit me again and helps to untangle all the problems I have. He was actually trying to guide me on my career. He asked me what do I see myself doing in 5 years time? The next question is Are the things that I am doing now lead me to where I want to be? These 2 questions have helped me to see the whole picture clearer now.
What I see myself doing in 5 years time? I have been so blinded and not thought of this question. I always know that I want to serve God and do what He wants me to do. May it be to serve in the youth work or Sunday School or even other tasks that He has plans for me. In order to serve in those fields, I must be prepared spiritually and to equip myself with the knowledge of His word.
Am I doing that now? I'm not growing in my church. I have been stagnant in the church. I'm doing the same thing every year.
What can I do to lead me to fulfilling that purpose? I have to attend more bible classes. I may have to attend other churches (gospel hall or life chapel) to get myself expose so that I'll learnt how to serve in youth ministry or sunday school more effectively.
After identifying all these, I know it's time to take action. It sounds sudden to many people but I know clearly what I'm doing. Now I'm praying and have faith that God will make a way. If it's His will for me to do what He has put in my mind to do, let His will be done.
Like what the lecture last week Uncle Lian Mun Yee said, miracles do happen but it does not happen as in tomorrow. What I mean is that it does not happen in the way that God tells me ahead that He's going to perform a miracle. Miracles happened when I look back and realize how richly God has blessed me. By looking back, the journey of Toastmasters has been part of His plan for me to learn and equip more skills that will definitely help me to serve more effectively in future. It has given me a great opportunities to learn to show a good testimony too. I have never regret for joining Toastmasters and it's part of God's plan for me too. The only thing is that I have to know where to draw the line and always remember to put my priority right.
I'm glad that I have attended GLO last week as it has given me a time off to really reflect on my priorities and His plans for me. I'm so amazed by how God works in such a wonderful ways. I pray that I'll continue to seek Him first and He'll continue to show me the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi Amy,
I heard that you're going to KL. So soon?
oh i see...oh..ahh...very interesting..aunty amy..hehe..
God bless in kl...say hi to weng gege too...hehe..aunty amy..emphasize on aunty...hehe..im so bad.
Hello anonymous,
Please write down your name...
So that I know who's the "good" girl/boy there calling me Aunty!!!
Post a Comment