2nd day of CNY, my brother Andrew was down with chicken pox. All of a sudden, my whole family were in a BIG shock and terrify. None of us has chicken pox before.
3rd day of CNY, I went back to PJ to work. I thought I'll be safe since I leave home and go far far away. I called home quite often. I felt bad that everyone at home treat Andrew so badly. Isolate him and dare not go near him because everyone is afraid to got it. He's already sick and feeling miserable, worst still has to be treated this way by family members, it must be very hard. My heart feel pain. But I wonder, if I'm at home will I do the same?
Every night I'll pray very hard that everyone at home will stay strong and not to fall sick. BUT I forgot to pray for myself, thinking that I'll definitely be safe. I'm over-confident!
3rd March, Saturday, I felt so sick. I felt so miserable, horrible and terrible. Feeling sick when you are far away from home, worst still alone at home is so terrible. I cried badly that evening. Feeling lonely, helpless and home-sick.
That night, I went to see Doctor. He said I'm fever and low blood pressure 100/40 only. He gave me lots of medicine. I took it and sleep.
Sunday morning I went to Kelana Jaya church for service. I started to feel weird. Red spots on my body and I found one extremely large one on my back. I had a bad feeling, OH NO!!! but no one to confirm it, I still have my lunch and take a nap.
After the nap, more and more red spots, all over my neck and body. My aunt Hooi Lan came to visit me. I just simply ask her to take a look and she shouted....YES, IT'S CHICKEN POX!!!
Arggghhh.... I called home and all of them started to laugh at me, run until so far away still the same and I'm the 2nd one after my brother Andrew. I can't do much that night, just plan and prepare myself to come back to Butterworth.
Monday morning, I went to my Aunt's house to print out my resignation letter, went to the Klinik to get 2 weeks MC and then went to office to pass up all these things to my supervisor. It took me a whole morning to settle all these.
Then, I went to my friend Joseph's place and both of us drove back to Butterworth. The first thing I did when I reach home is to shack hand with Andrew. Now we share the sofa, bedroom, bathroom, plates and bowls. At night, we chat whole night and shared lots of stories.
Wednesday, my sister Ann was down with chicken pox. Thursday, my brother Alvin was down with chicken pox too.Now all 4 of us was down. Our "unclean" territory expanded from 1 sofa to 2 sofas and from 1 bedroom to 2 bedrooms. It's not a bad thing afterall. We get to stay at home and really spend lots of time together. It has been a very long time we didn't get to spend time, not even CNY.
But my poor mum has to take care of 4 of us. I can see that she's really tired. She's also has to fear that she might be down too. (At least next time I can take care of children when they are down with chicken pox and don't have to have that fear.) Just hope that she'll get enough rest and stay strong!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Em...amy...u know...can i tell u an 'unforgetable' story of mine...do u still remembered that time u kena 'chicken pok'...and soon u alr recover almost one week...then u attended one of our club meeting...i am the table topic master...i have to shake hand with all the toastmasters...including u...@_@...actually i felt scare to shake ur hand...althought long long time ago...i am also a victim from my family...i thought i must have the immune of chicken pok...so confident...i said 'dun worry, i will immune everything in this meeting room'...hehe...after one week...i noticed that my leg got sth like a small red spot...is impossible la...but my old folks said it will come out for second time chicken pok if it is not come out totally in first time...haha...i fianted liao...i dun believe la...but its really 'gatai' bcox of the red spot...so my nightmare begin...even i go to consult doctor and chinese 'teacher'...some said chicken pok...some said a sign of 'hot' inside body...terrible...it was the most 'gatai' month i have to gone thru...so i unintentionaly recall the scene i shake hand with u...@_@...anyway...i am healthy enough and enjoy much everyday.
Post a Comment