Monday, June 23, 2008

Eunice

Eunice came to visit me from last Wednesday til today. It's really nice to have her around.

Wednesday
I took LRT to Puduraya. Lynn also went to Pudu straight after work. We both enjoy taking LRT. :-) I know, I know, to many people, they just couldn't understand what's so nice about taking LRT.
Eunice's bus was late, so we went for a walk in Petaling Street.
She reached around 8pm. She's very scared to be in Pudu, that's why both of us decided to go over and accompany her back to my place.
We took LRT back, had dinner in Murni.
Sat there and chat til almost 12.

Thursday
Joined Su, Su Ming, JeeLeng, Joseph, Zen and Jee Vern for dinner in Uptown.
Too bad, I have choir practise so I can't bring her around. She had to follow me to church and see us practise.
Hope she enjoyed it. At least it's an eye-opener for her. We never have this kind of so called choir or production in Butterworth.
Well, even though we have to perform all year long, songs and dramas... but not so technical one!

Friday
Fetched LynnSay from the LRT Station and we went dinner in Catherine's Kitchen.
They both love that place. It's really good food. We sat there, stuff ourselves with good food and shared lots of stories.
It has been so long we didn't get to spend time like this and just share stories.
I really long for this kind of conversation. Not east to get one in PJ.
We just share about each other's life, updates news, care and encourage for one another.
(It's just so nice to have a peaceful conversation, not having to argue your points or listening to people debating over some issues)
Of course we talked a lot about our Butterworth Youth too. That's our concern always.
O well, I have been thinking of going back to Butterworth ever since that Sunday when Mr.Yap spoke about churches in Malaysia.
I know I'm biting on small points which might not be important at all, but it just hit me and I just feel it. Ok, again it's hard for others to understand.
I just don't like the way he says that Life Chapel is growing and other churches are dying. It's like indirectly I've caused the church to die! I don't know how to word what's in my head, but it just makes me feel maybe it's time to go back. I've come here to expose myself to a bigger church and how people do things in other church and to learn to serve in a more organised way. I have seen and I have learnt (I guess). I don't want to lose focus. I'm not here to enjoy life.
But how ready am I to go back there? Now, my close friends are in PJ. I'll have to start all over again back in Butterworth. Well, it's not up to me to decide. I'll just apply jobs in PJ and also Penang. Just pray hard that God will open doors and reveals His plan for me.

Saturday
Eunice and LynnSay followed me to YF.
As for LynnSay, I really hope and pray that she'll "come back". She used to be very active back in Butterworth, but she just can't find her place in Life Chapel and that makes her stop serving. She's one of the key person in Butterworth and I know she can. I don't know how God works, but I know that she'll "come back".
As for Eunice, it's always good to see how other churches do things. Learn the good points and remind yourselves not to follow the bad ones. Now she's the one anchoring in Butterworth, hope that this experience will serve as an encouragement for her. I hope she can understand what I meant.
After YF, whole gang of us went for the claypot chicken rice besides Lotus.
JeeLeng, Eunice and myself then went to Salvation and chat in Jo's place.
I'm really amazed and thankful that JeeLeng is so so friendly to my friend. So grateful that at least she makes Eunice feel as if she's part of us, not a stranger.

Sunday
After worship, 3 of us went to 1U for Oyster Noodles. Eunice wants to eat something that Butterworth doesn't have. I guess Oyster Noodles will be one of my favourite! (If not because of the strict diet for choir, I'll definitely bring her for Prawn Mee in Setapak)
We took "da tou tie" photos together. It's so nice! Really enjoy snapping these photos. :-)
Went back to my place and sleep zzzzzz
I went to church to prepare for the AD performance. JeeLeng helped me to fetch Eunice later.
LynnSay went back earlier after dinner.
Eunice and I went for Supper in Paramount Maybank (some people just don't like to call it NL)
Had lots of laughters.... Hahaha.... I shall save him from spreading it in my blog as Zen Sern has been doing quite a good job. She's just being her, always blur and you won't know when she'll say something that will make you laugh til rolling on the floor. I really miss those times when all of us were still in YP back in Butterworth. Our gatherings are always fun and full of laughters, there are times when we really laughed so hard that we almost rolled on the floor. Anyway, so poor thing that he has to become the victim. It's so so so rare that you get to see him with that expression... hahahaha.....

Monday
Eunice went to visit her brother and there goes her stay with me. :-(
O ya, forgot to mention one thing, she even boils water and makes Milo for me every morning for my breakfast! So nice!!! :-)

Anyway, I'll be seeing her again this weekend as I'm going back to Butterworth. Just want to be there for their Family Night and help in whatever ways that I can. :-)

1 comment:

imissw said...

sigh... typical TLC mentality. Patting self on the back. Well, since the elders do it, can't be surprised that members will follow suit.

Are we really growing? At the end of last year, we had to face up tot he fact that not only did we come close to our 5 year target of 700 members, we have in fact dropped in numbers. Sure, there are a lot of new people - but a lot of people have also left.

In my view, as long as we keep telling ourselves we are growing when we are not, we will never see the problems.

oh well... sori for such serious comments.

Pray that you will see God's plan for you and fulfill it.

on a lighter note, we loved Eunice's company - and are truly sad to see her leave!