Recently, we just showed a Christian movie "Facing the Giant" during Youth Fellowship.
It was a great movie, but some commented that the movie was a bit "cheesy" (not too sure this is the correct word to describe what I really meant). They were saying that it's just too "unrealistic" or "weird" for the actor to have such a change. From a falling man, being seen as a failure, in his work and family, after praying and so on, his life just changed like this, someone gave him a new truck, his team that he was coaching became champions and his wife got pregnant. It's just too "unrealistic"... but sorry to say, I have to totally DISAGREE with that!
These kind of things, it may sounds so absurb or impossible, but it does happen!
At least in my life, it really did happen, happens and is happening!
When I look back, it's just like a miracle, or rather many miracles.
Weird things like that happens every single day, it just whether we are willing to open our eyes and our hearts to see it and feel it!
Too many real stories happenned in my life that I'll love to share about.
Just a few really clear cut ones.
When I got my SPM results in 2003, my results was not as good as expected. I was disappointed and my dad was disappointed with me too.
I was praying hard to get good results so that I can apply for JPA scholarship and so on.
O well, with this result, I can't apply any of it already. I was pretty upset and was in depression for quite awhile.
But... God blessed me with Star Scholarship. A free scholarship where I'll get my education for free without having to be bonded to anything AT ALL.
He's so great isn't it?
We prayed for things that we thought best for us, we didn't get it, we started to ask why and complained that God didn't answer our prayers.
But that's so not true, God not only did answer my prayers, but He answered with a better plan for me. He answered my prayers with plans better than what I prayed for.
I had to take public transport to college everyday. It took me almost 3 hours just on the public transport everyday. I had to take a bus from my house to Butterworth Jetty, took a ferry then another bus to my college. It was really tiring. I did that for almost half a year.
God blessed my family with a new car, which is the Kelisa that I'm still driving.
God really provides and cares for our needs!
Fast forward....
Year 2006, a really tough year for me.
I broke up with my ex-bf, a 5 years plus relationship! Not easy! It was really tough for me!
But God is good! Really good to me!
I prayed for a job so that it can occupy my time and I won't be thinking of it so much.
I managed to get an admin clerk work in a Learning Centre. That's really my kind of work. I was really thankful at that time and thought that God has answered my prayers.
But... my boss knows I can do more and offered me to teach in Chung Ling High School, a well-known all boys school. I took up the offer as I really like teaching.
Again... God answered my prayers with better plans than I prayed for.
It was really a great experience teaching in a secondary school and an all boys school.
With my hectic schedules, having to juggle so many hats at the same time, it really helped to heal my wound faster.
Beginning of 2007, my dad didn't allow me to go for GLO for the whole 6-week program.
I asked for 1 week, I'm really thankful that my dad allowed me. And the best part is, God answered my prayers with better plan than I prayed for. I prayed for a week, ended up I was there for 3 weeks.
I went during the 3rd week. It was great time of reflection and re-focus on my priorities and where am I heading to. I went back home on the 4th week, prayed about it and started to send in my resume.
I went back to GLO for the 5th and 6th week. I got an interview during the 5th week and got a job in Kelana Jaya. I was really thankful about it. Eugene and Aunty Siew Ling are really kind to let me stay in their house in PJ.
Everything happenned just like that. So fast!!!
I got myself a job in KL, God blessed me with a nice place to stay in, which is so near to my working place and to church.
GLO ended on Saturday morning. I went back home to pack, not even have time for farewell or spend time with my family, I have to take Sunday bus down to KL and started work on Monday.
Everything happened just so fast! No time to "feel" what was happening!
God is really great! I was just praying for a job where He wants me to be in. But He answered with more blessings that I could even imagine of. A job, a place to stay in and a car to drive around.
I started to miss home really badly. I didn't get to spend much time with my family before I left. It's like 3 weeks in GLO, then suddenly just went home pack and left house the next day.
And you know what??? This one really soooooooo unexpected and God really works in ways we cannot see. I was down with Chicken Pox. All my siblings, 4 of us, were down with Chicken Pox at the same time. So I have to go back home for a month.
All 4 us had to stay at home couldn't go out, so we basically got to spend 24 hours together for at least 3 weeks. It was relaly not easy to spend so much time together especially when we are now independent enough to have our own activities.
Basically for the 3 weeks,we were just sleep, eat and play! So nice that there are 4 of us, we can play many things together, monopoly, bridge, cho dai tee, mahjung and etc.We even had our pillow talk where we really shared so much and it was really nice. I will never forget those memories.
Seriously, I have never ever thought that God can work in such a way (4 of us get chicken pox together) to let us get to spend quality time together before we all left for our own path.
I only prayed and told God I missed home, He answered it with such a way which sounds so impossible and funny, but it happened!!!! (tears flood my eyes now even when I think of it)
God is really so good, isn't it?
April, I came back to PJ. I was feeling a bit lonely, as I was all alone in PJ besides my aunty in BU.
I asked God for friends whom I can be comfortable with.
God didn't only answer my prayer and blessed me with friends whom I'm confortable with, Instead, God blessed me with a bunch of friends (especially Joseph, Su, Weng Soon, Aliza, Yueen San, Timothy and more) who really will go all out for me and really cares sooooooooooo much for me. I have never expected them to be so nice to me, but they are really soooooooooooooooooooo nice til my shallow vocabulary has no words to describe!
There were so many occasions where they did things that really touched my hearts. They may find it funny or uncomfortable withme keep saying thank you to them, but no amount of it will be enough to express how thankful I am. I know God is really good to me through them. God knows my needs more than anyone else.
End of March this year, another tough time for me, the house that I was staying in got broken into. I was really thankful that I was not in the house and I was not alone when I got back to the house. Many important and valuable things was stolen. It hurts a lot. But the most hurtful of all, was the feeling of being homeless. I couldn't go back to that house anymore. It's not safe. That Sunday afternoon, after sending my dad to the bus station, I was driving on the road but didn't know where to go. I was tired, but I have no place to go to. Wondering around. That was the worst feeling ever. I'm really thankful for the Leong's family. They took me in while I looked for a new place to move into. I really feel home. That's a place I really feel home with family members around.
It was tough, especially with some insensitive people around saying really hurtful words. Or maybe I'm being too sensitive to feel hurt too easily.
But God is good, really good! Many friends have showed their concern and love for me. Yueen San and Aliza offered me a place to stay with them.
God blessed me with a new place which I'm now in. A little room but comfortable. The couple Kenny and Fany has been really nice to me.
July, on my birthday, it was really a surprise. I was just praying that I'll have someone sing me a birthday song. Being away from my family during birthdays was not a fun thing. My family practices celebrating everyone's birthday with a special meal, a cake and sing birthday song. I didn't ask for more, I just asked God to at least have someone sing me a birthday song.
But... God blessed me with really great surprise which I will never never expect it to happen. My friends actually bought me a new camera which I lost during the house broke in. Can you believe that? My friends actually got me a new camera!!! I was really surprised and didn't know how to react. I wish they know how thankful I were AND I am still.
Not only that, Tim and Liz gave a handphone to replace my spoilt phone.
And I not only have someone sing me a birthday song but the whole TLC choir members to sing me a birthday song.
My goodness.... I seriously don't deserve all these!
God is really good to me!
My point is... Things like these actually do happen! It sounds weird and unrealistic... but it really does happen. It's just us having to open our eyes to see the greatness of Him and to see the trails of Him working in our life!
God is at work every single day, not just to provide for our needs but also to shape us to be more like Him. I can really see His works in me, though I know that the things that I can see and understand are just such a small part of it.
These are just a small part of my stories where God has worked greatly in, there are still so many little stories and little things which I just so thankful about.
I have learnt not to ask why, because I know that I might not understand it now, but later when I look back, I'll definitely be amazed by how God works. (Probably the WHY question that I can and I should ask is "Why is God so good to me when I don't deserve it at all?")
God has been really so true and obvious in my life. I'm really thankful for God always being so true in my life. I don't deserve it at all but because of His great love, He has been so good to me.
He's just too good for me to do so little.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think the thing that touched me everytime is how much God wants to bless us, but He is silently waiting for us to give up something (dear to us) for His complete will to be done.
And how often we disappoint Him. And so we lose out.
And yes, miracles are just waiting to happen! :)
it was rather fascinating to read back the account of what God has done in your life. it's like hearing your voice narrating it...seriously.
wow your post is really heart moving. indeed God works in mysterious ways.
Post a Comment