Saturday, November 14, 2009

Mixed Feelings

I have attended 3 funeral services in the past 1 month.
All 3 services, I have been having this mixed feeling.

First, I'm just so touched that God sent His only beloved Son to die on the cross to take away my sins and now I know I can have eternal life in heaven with Jesus when I die.
Who am I for Him to sacrifice His sinless Son?
I'm a terrible sinner who doesn't deserve even His pity, but yet because of His great love and mercy for me, He has saved me from the eternal hell.
I may not know what will happen tomorrow, but I know He holds tomorrow and everything is in His good hands.
This song lyric is very meaningful to me:

I know who holds tomorrow

I don't know about tomorrow
I just live from day to day
I don't borrow from its sunshine
For its skies may turn to gray
I don't worry over the future
For I know what Jesus said
And today I'll walk beside him
For he knows what is ahead

Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand

Every step is getting brighter
As the golden stairs I climb
Every burden's getting lighter
Every cloud is silver-lined
There the sun is always shining
There no tear will dim the eye
At the ending of the rainbow
Where the mountains touch the sky

Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand

I don't know about tomorrow
It may bring me poverty
But the one who feeds the sparrow
Is the one who stands by me
And the path that be my portion
May be through the flame or flood
But his presence goes before me
And I'm covered with his blood

Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand

However, another part of me feels sad.
Realized the fact that my love ones, especially my beloved grandparents are getting older and older each and every day and yet they have not known Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour.
This really bothers me a lot.
I know how terrible, horrible and miserable it can be to be in hell, I can't even bear the pain for a second.
The thought of them heading there makes me really really sad and down.
I don't want them to be there.
I'm not giving up hope as I know God is a good God and He is a God of impossible!
I'm praying hard that one day they'll get to know the wonderful grace that has been demonstrated on the cross.
I keep telling myself that I have to stop giving excuses like they can only understand hainam, nobody can share the gospel with them in hainam and etc...
I must have faith that God works through ways we cannot see and miracles still do happen!
I don't know how but I know some how things will happen.
I just have to keep praying and praying and praying...
I just have to have faith and trust in Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this song is the same song i shared with my dad when he was sick. :) stay strong, things always happen for a reason. it was hard for me to see it at first but in the long run, ive seen things so much more clearly.

*hugs. <3