Sunday, October 25, 2009

Little Myanmar boy

This morning our Youth was having a fund raising for the Year End Camp for this December.
We were selling spaghetti, fried lo shu fun, cheese cake and ice-cream.
When we were almost finishing, I saw this little boy from the Myanmar ministry, I think most probably he's only 4 years old, standing in front of table where we put the ice-cream cone and sell the ice-cream.
I saw him keep looking at the ice-cream cone, but no one attend to him.
He's actually quite short, same height as the table.
I asked him whether he wants an ice-cream, he said "Noh...", so I asked again and he said "Noh...".
But he was still looking at the ice-cream. So I thought maybe he doesn't understand me or maybe that's their language.
I asked him again and nodded my head.
He then nodded his.
I went inside and ask the youth to get a big scoop of ice-cream on the cone.
When I pass the ice-cream to him, he actually handed me two 10cents coin.
He wanted to buy the ice-cream with 20cents.
Of course he didn't know that we were selling it at RM2.
But, owh... he's just so sweet isn't it? He didn't just come and ask for ice-cream, he actually wanted to buy.
Probably the 20cents for him is a LOT.
Owh... I don't know how to express what I was feeling at that point of time.
Tears jerking out.. Just owh.....

No comments: