Wednesday, May 26, 2010

20.03.2010 (3)

When I reached the Tropicana Ballroom, there are already quite a number of guest there.
I'm really touched to see all our friends who were helping us in our wedding.
They just did everything to make the wedding ran so smoothly.

I even have time to sit in the waiting room to rest.

And... Erm... Hehe... take photos... :-p

My best friend since I was 14 - Kai Loon and Chiu Siang, came all the way from Butterworth just to witness my wedding. They came into the waiting room to teman me.

Before going into the ballroom, I was waiting outside and I was freezing cold! Luckily Rachel Yapp lend me her shaw to keep me warm.

Walking into the ballroom

Nice backdrop. Done by Weng Yan with the help of Dinah and the team.

Don't know why I just keep smiling when I look at this backdrop. Hehe... Looks cute!

Very nice ballroom. Here's a good view of all the guest. 48 tables.

After the introduction, I immediately went in to change to my cheong sam. Thanks Liz for helping putting up my hair and touch up my make up.

Pouring of champagne. Haha... This part was funny. Both of us were whispering "Why pour so long still not yet finish?" :-D


Here's all our immediate family members, giving 3 toast by Weng Soon's best friends Daniel, Nicholas & Kok Choong.

After the toast, my brother Andrew gave a speech. He started off poking fun of me, calling me my family nickname "monkey" in front of so many people. Then, he ends with a short message from each of them, starting from my dad, mum, Alvin, himself and Ann.

Tried very hard to control my tears, but... still FAIL!

After the speech, Joshua and a few of our friends made a video for us. They have kept it a secret from us. We never watched it before hand. Of course, we were so surprised to see how much effort they have put in for the video. Really touched. But... the video is really FUNNY!

Our turn to give speech.

I made my worst speech ever! Serious! The only thing I regret for my whole wedding is MY SPEECH! Well... I was trying so hard to swallow my tears and control my emotional. This picture is the best proof. =p Everytime when I mention a person, then my mind flashed back of how much this person meant to me and how much this person has loved me, my tears flooded my eyes again. This process repeats for each and every person I mentioned! Tough!!!! Ended up I didn't really say what I wanted to say on stage and I also didn't know what I ended up saying on stage!


After that, we just have free & easy time, walking around talking to our guest and taking photos.


Again, my best friends since I was 14. Kai Loon and Chiu Siang. 3 of us were always together during secondary school years. Really can't imagine how my secondary school time will be if without both of them.

Sitting from left : Jenna, Joseph, Melody, Pek Imm & Juan See.
Standing from left : Chiu Siang & Yueh Ching.
Pek Imm, Juan See & Yueh Ching are my collegemates. They too came all the way from Butterworth to witness my wedding. It was really really good to see them though I didn't really get to talk to them much.
Melody is my GLO sister. We can just talk about everything.
Joseph, arhh... even writing about him here now makes my tears flooded my eyes. He has really been through a lot with me when I first came to PJ. He's the one person whom I really learn a lot from, especially how to love, help and be kind to someone. He's always there for me and share my joy and sorrow. He's just like my brother in PJ.

My fellow Toastmasters.
Sitting from left : Mama Joan, Johnson, Siti & Nazir.
Standing from left : Peng Yew, Christopher, Pala & Clement.
Of course I wished Lilian & Ee Liang was there too.
They were my mentors and a very big part of me is because of them.

My One World Hotel ex-colleagues.
Sitting from left : Joanne, Mus, Umi & Sue.
Standing from left : Ivan, Samson, Mei Hui, Andy & Along.
Most of us were from the pre-opening team. Still remember during those time I was very new at work (first job) and very new in PJ. They are my family. Really fond memories of them. When I was sick, Joanne invited me to her house for good porridge. She even invited me to go to Tropicana club with her (free dinner!). Sue will always sings in office, I like her voice. Whenever I was down, she'll just give me a big hug. Along & Andy who sit behind and next to me, listen to all my stories. I was staying alone so I have no one to talk to. They were the one suffered... hahah... Umi is like my sister. She shares everything with me and love me a lot. They are just sweet people! And I miss them...

My Sunway Hotel colleagues.
Sitting from left : Daphny, Ms.Chee, Mavis & May.
Standing from left : Wai Mun, Alvin, Eric, Sophia and her fiancee.
I'm happy to be in Sunway Hotel. I enjoy my job (even though they are some rare times when I don't, hehe... ). I am grateful and thank God for blessing me with this great workplace.

Our dearest Youths from The Life chapel.
Sitting from left : Alicia, Diana, Rebbie, Teresa, Joyee & Michelle.
Standing from left : Timothy, Serena, Peter, May, William, Philip, Jee Vern, Vera, Benjamin, Matthew, Hong Liang, Emily, Tien Mie & Cecelia.
We are both involved in the Youth Fellowship and I really had great time with them. I learnt a lot from them too.


Lastly, this is our door gift. An apple a day keeps the doctor away... hahah...

1 comment:

Mel said...

Aww Amy! That was so sweet of you. It's so wonderful to think back of how God brought the two of you together.