We are married for ONE year already!
Can't believe it, SO fast ...
The preparation of getting married and the wedding ceremony still feel so fresh in my mind, but yet, it was one year ago already.
Time flies.
If I were to describe my first year with a word.
I would say --- HONEYMOON.
In Oxford dictionary, it's defined as "A holiday spent together by a newly married couple".
In Wikipedia, it simply described the period just after the wedding when things are at their sweetest.
For a start, right after our wedding ceremony, we went to Krabi, Thailand.
It was my first time going out of my country besides the day tour to Singapore I had in 2007.
We stayed in Sofitel Hotel. The hotel is great !!!
Really make us feel so pampered like king and queen.
We pampered ourselves with luxury... :-p Dining in the room, taking private speedboat, dining in the In-house Thai Restaurant, Drinking Coconut juice at the Pool Bar,etc...

We went back to Penang for another wedding reception.
Cut my hair short right after the dinner.
Went to The Banjaran Hotspring Retreat in Ipoh.
This place is crazy expensive and we were surprised that it's all packaged in-Spa and Meals.
Enjoyed the spa very very much and the bed... Heavenly!!!
We have a whole villa with a plunge pool and jacuzzi with Hotspring water.
Really relax and ... relax!

Around end of May, we started our 10 consecutive weekend of hotel stay.
At first, it wasn't planned. Just so happen we get to stay in Le Meredian Hotel for 5 weeks and in between we have Church Retreat where we stay in Heritage Hotel, Cameron Highlands, we went back to Penang and my dad booked Tanjung Bungah Hotel, Penang, my dear dear surprised me with Tune Hotel, Damansara Utama and Eastin Hotel and of course, we went to Bangkok with my parents-in-law and stayed in Montien Hotel.
Bangkok was fun. It's a totally different experience from Krabi, even though both in Thailand.
It's like two different place altogether.
Krabi was quiet and relax with sea breeze. Bangkok was busy and lots to shop!
This is my first time buying so many dresses at once!

In September, we went to Bali, Indonesia.
Bali is really a nice place. I love it so much!
It's a place that I would really love going back again.
We stayed in a Villa called Ellie's. It's very comfy and sweet. The breakfast was good!
Bali is just a magical place, I do not know how to express but it's really an awesome place!
The Ibu Oka pork rice, rooftop massage, beautiful scenery, Bvlgari restaurant bed, Ellie's breakfast, Warong Made, Beaches and most of all, being there with my dearest husband.
In November, we went to Hong Kong & Macau. This was a last minute unplanned trip.My in laws want to go and so it's a family trip. 6 of us, my parents-in-laws, 2 sisters-in-law and us.
Hong Kong = walk, walk, walk & walk
My legs hurt like mad.
It's like you haven't exercise for years... then you suddenly go and run 10km.
After running 10km, next day legs aching, but then you continue running another 10km.
Then the 3rd day come when your legs sore like mad, but still, you run another 10km...
I'm not exaggerating!
December, we went to Singapore with my family. All 8 of us plus Lan Mai's family went to stay in Intercontinental Hotel where Alvin works.We went to Universal Studio.
It was great going on trip together with my family as we are all crazy bunch of people.
The most fun thing is to make my mum go on those rides, she's scared of anything... but we managed to persuade her to go on most of it except for the Mummy ride.
Not much photos taken as I didn't bring my own camera.
That's about it.My crazy HONEYMOON year.
I think we really enjoyed ourselves travelling around, spending lots of time together as a newly wed couple.
Thanks dear for the wonderful memories that you have given me throughout the first year.
I must admit that I have a little fear about married life, do not know what to expect, but dear, you have made it so much easier for me!
O well, I know it's just first year. We still have a long long journey ahead of us.
May God continue to be in our relationship, holding our hands, giving us the strength to continue to love each other more and more each other.
May us continue to grow in our love and our faith for Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment