Tuesday morning (3.5.2011), I was about to get out from house to go to work.
My brain was thinking about the tonnes of work I need to do that day. First, key in the D-report, then check the stacks of AP invoices, then key in all the GL journals, blah blah blah...
Suddenly, blood started flowing out from my nose like water dripping down.
I got panicked!
I called Weng Soon, luckily he just got into his car, so he rushed back up and sent me to the hospital.
But, Dr. Lim will only be in the clinic by 11am.
He asked to sit there quietly to wait for him.
No choice, so sit there wait til almost 11.30am and then he came.
He tried to check in my nose to find where the blood come from.
He says it's due to a healing wound, where the dry blood cracked and it started bleeding.
Once I sit up, the blood start flowing again right in front of the doctor.
He pinched my nose and helped to stop the blood.
Gave me 2 days off to rest at home.
But I was feeling okay that afternoon itself.
So, Wednesday and Thursday, I went back to work as usual.
Nothing happened.
Thursday night, Weng Soon was not feeling well.
He took cough medicine which makes him drowsy, so I have to stay up to wait for the clothes in the washing machine to be done and then hang it.
I was half lying on the bed and suddenly I feel like I'm drinking blood.
Went to the basin, and then blood started flowing out like dripping water again.
I tried to pinch my nose like how Dr.Lim did the other day.
After awhile, the blood stopped.
I went back to rest on the bed and Weng Soon has to get up to hang the clothes.
Friday early morning 6am, I felt like drinking blood again.
Went to the basin, again... Blood flowing out from my nose like dripping water.
I tried to stop it without waking Weng Soon up.
After awhile, the blood stopped, but I couldn't sleep back.
Keep wondering what is wrong and what should I do.
I went to work as usual.
Told May about what happened, just in case my blood flowed again in office, at least she's prepared.
Around 10.30am, feel like there is blood in my throat.
Went to the pantry, and then blood started flowing out from my nose again.
This time round, not just from the right nose, but both side.
I tried to pinch it to stop the blood, but it doesn't work.
It just keep flowing out like gushing water.
Some colleagues saw me.
They came and asked whether I'm fine.
I started panic, and panic attacked!
Tears flowing out from my eyes, I can't breathe and my whole body feel numb.
They called OSHA team, they brought me ice, they brought me a chair.
I asked them to call Weng Soon, call Dr.Lim and send me to Assunta straight away.
I went into the emergency, blood stopped when Dr.Lim came.
He packed my nose with a ribbon cotton and gave me a day off.
Weng Soon came to the hospital straight and send me home to rest.
For the whole day, there is still blood flowing out on and off, didn't really stop actually.
But because of the cotton in my nose, it didn't flow out so it's not too bad.
But I have been drinking blood all the day! Yieeekkks!
Midnight 1am, was lying on the bed already.
Suddenly drinking lots of blood again.
Went to the basin, blood soaked up the cotton and started flowing out through the cotton again.
I can't pinch my nose due to the cotton in my nose.
The blood keep flowing out.
Weng Soon gave me a chair to sit right in front of the basin, just in case I fainted due to major loss of blood.
But the blood didn't stop.
I do not know what to do.
I asked : Am I supposed to just sit here and let the blood flow like this? When only will the blood stopped?
We then decided to go back to the hospital.
We called Dr.Lim's handphone number when we got into the car.
Surprisingly, he picked up the phone even when it's already 1am midnight!
He asked us to go back to the hospital immediately and go straight to the emergency ward.
We thought he will just call the hospital and tell the medical officer what to do.
But around 5 minutes after we reached the hospital, Dr.Lim walked into the emergency ward.
I was really impressed! It was midnight, and yet he came to attend to me!
Weng Soon jokes and say now he is my personal doctor!
Dr.Lim took out the cotton and packed another new cotton in my nose.
Seeing the condition that the blood can't seem to stop, he admitted me into the hospital and asked me to fast from 6am so that he can perform another minor surgery in the afternoon.
O well, to be admitted we have to wait for the insurance clearance and the guarantee letter.
By the time all things are done and send me to the room, it was 3am already.
So sleepy... and they woke me up at 5.30am to have breakfast so that I can start fasting at 6am.
Saturday, Dr.Lim came and see me during noon.
He explained about what he's going to do in the surgery.
It will be under general anaesthetic again.
He will check inside my nose and figure out where the blood come from and he will burn the blood cell to stop the bleeding.
He says this is a very unusual case.
Well, we can just trust him and pray that God gives him wisdom.
(He slept late last night! Attending me at 1.30am and after writing all the report, most probably he only get home and sleep around 2.30am. He has his clinic at 9am this morning and now performing a surgery on me without having enough sleep!)
Well... can only pray hard that this time everything will be fine.
He assures us that this is just a minor surgery, due to my nose passage is born small, it will be easier for him to perform the surgery without making me uncomfortable by General Anaesthetic instead of Local.
I went into the Operation Theatre about 1.30pm to prepare for 2pm surgery.
The operation lasted about 45minutes.
After resting in the resting area, I was pushed back to the ward around 4pm.
Everything was fine.
I was fully awake around 6pm.
No more bleeding in my nose, not even having to put any cotton.
I can breathe using my nose perfectly well.
I can talked and laugh that Saturday night itself.
Thank God the operation is a success!
Sunday, Dr.Lim came to see me 11am in the morning.
He says there is actually more than one area which bleed.
That explains why so much blood!
He burned up all the blood cell, try to increase the blood pressure to see whether the blood still flows out, he makes sure everything is fine.
He even checked the place where he performed the surgery previously and took out all the gauze.
Everything is fine now. He assures me that it shouldn't be bleeding anymore.
He gave me a week off. Honestly speaking, he actually prepares to give me longer off than 1 week. He says as long as it's within a month, he has no problem to give me the off. But I only ask for a week first!
O well... another episode! I have created a big scene or drama in office on Friday. Ms.Chee says she was traumatised! My goodness, feel so bad! =p
Anyway, I really thank God that it's now done! (hopefully!)
Just hope that I will be able to make good use of this whole week to really rest and be back in office again very soon!
* p/s : it costs another RM5,200 for this surgery. Adds up in total my nose has cost me RM20k! What an expensive nose I have!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment