Friday, November 04, 2005

Butterworth Toastmasters' outing

Last Friday, Saturday and Sunday(28th-30th of Oct), thanks to SK Yao, we get to have a gathering in Copthorne Hotel for 3 days and 2 nights. We enjoyed ourselves very much.

Friday, after my class, I went back to my aunt's house to prepare dinner for those who were there on the first night. That's the second time I cooked the spaghetti or macaroni or ??? what should I call that. That's my special recipe so I think I should give it a name myself. Let me think...how about Chicken Cream Soup Macaroni? whatever...?? I reached the hotel around 5.30pm. No one was there yet. I checked in and get the room key from the receptionist. I went into the room with my sister but once I opened the door, I was shocked, the room was so messy and untidy. I thought I should be the first one to reach the hotel. I immediately gave SK a call and she ask me to go to the reception again. They changed a room for us.

Since only both of us, so we went down to the pool to have a swim first. Only both of us in the swimming pool. I started my wild imagination again, how nice if that's my private swimming pool, so big and with warm water... wah.... but my sister spoilt it by splashing water to wake me up from my dream. Then, SK and Ailin arrived. SK took the room key from me and rest in the room while Ailin only brought the paper plates and cups and some drinks for us then she had to go back as she's not feeling well.

After a swim, we went back to the room and SK don't like the room and felt miserable. She called the hotel and asked for a change of the room. They allowed us to do so. We changed to the next room which was so much better. More spacious, bigger bed and with a more comfortable shape. SK loves this room so much better.

Wei Nien and Jayie then arrived. Wei Nien bought us Pizza. We had our dinner. I wrongly estimated the numbers of people who are coming. I cooked too much. Although some say the food is nice but still I cooked too much and had to throw almost half away. What a waste!!

Late that night, since only a few of us so we played scrabble. Before this, I like this game as normally I played this at home with my siblings, but after playing with SK and WeiNien, I started to dislike this game already. It also shows that I have no patient. I like to do things fast. I don't like to wait without a purpose or rather sitting there doing nothing. After I put a word down, I have to wait for almost 20 minutes for both of them to think and put down their words and my turn again. During the 20 minutes, I will be sitting there doing nothing. I have no patient to wait. I think SK and WeiNien don't like to play scrabble with me too as I understand that it's normal to wait in this game but I keep asking them to be fast and keep making noise. hehe...

Alcyn came. Chen and YaoTung reached almost 11pm, but Chen only come in for awhile and wanted to go back already. So Alcyn, Chen and Jayie went back. 5 of us played UNO for awhile. SK and WeiNien asked me to tell them the rules, so I tell them the rules that I used to play. As you know, there are so many different kinds of rules and different style of playing this UNO. But I don't even get to finish telling them my rules, they started to ask why like that, we must follow the original rules in the games. They want to read the instruction given in the box. I was a bit frust that time, since you want to play according to the rules there then why you ask me to tell you the rules? You should have straight away read from the instruction. Anyway, after spending some time reading the instructions, we had a great time playing the UNO cards together too, am I right?

After I few games, SK said she's sleepy and wanted to rest so 4 of us say we'll play scrabble. Once SK heard the word scrabble, she's awake immediately. If we are playing scrabble, she wants to play too. I let my sister played while I read my magazine as I know I have no patient. I chose to calculate the points for them, helped my sister once awhile and read my magazine. We played until almost 3.30am only we slept. Since only 5 of us for the first night. SK get to sleep a bed while my sister and I share a bed. YaoTung slept on the floor with the sleeping bed while WeiNien sleep on the chair. The way he slept was so unique, it's like only his head and legs were on the chairs while his body was hanging on the air. Actually there was another smaller chair to support his body just that it was covered by the blanket.

Saturday early in the morning, even before SK and WeiNien wake up for the buffet breakfast, our dear YaoTung already wake up to go to the market to buy food for our steamboat dinner. It was really so nice of him. Then SK and WeiNien went for the buffet breakfast while me and my sister slept til around 11am only we woke up. SK and WeiNien were playing scrabble even before I wake up but after I washed up and had my breakfast, they were still playing the same game. I really salute them for their patient. This is one thing that I can never do.

Jayie came around noon. We didn't know what to do so we went to Star KTV to sing. 6 of us-Jayie, Alcyn, SK, Wei Nien, my sister and I. Before we went out, YaoTung came back but he's too tired and wanted to rest in the hotel. WeiNien sang us some Japanese songs that only he himself can understand. Alcyn can sing very well too. Even SK sang us 2 songs after using some PUSH technology that we learnt in Toastmasters. We had our lunch there. We enjoyed the Karaoke session very much, except for SK almost fallen asleep. hehe...

Then we went back to the hotel. Chen and Jayie decided to go to the new MetroJaya while YaoTung went out to do something. SK and WeiNien continue their scrabble game while Siew Foong, my sister and I went for a swim. Siew Foong is really a great swimmer. She taught us the right way to swim. She corrected some of our position and I really apprecaite that. Thanks to Siew Foong for giving me free swimming lesson ya!!

Around 7.30pm, everyone is back in the hotel, ready for the steamboat dinner. My parents asked me to go to Citybayview Beach resort where they were having another family gathering there. So I skipped the steamboat dinner to send my sister back. But before that, I did take some photos of the great food that YaoTung bought us. He somemore packed everything in nice tupperware. After sending my sister back to City Bayview Beach, she said she wanted to join the Toastmasters members instead of my family members. She wanted to follow me back to Copthorne Hotel. So we came back to the hotel and there were still some food left for us. The last was the best. The soup was so sweet, it was even sweeter when you think of YaoTung purposely wake up so early to buy it just for us...hehe!!!

After that, WaiKei, Chen, SK and WeiNien wanted to play scrabble while Jayie watched TV.

YaoTung wanted to learn to play Mahjung but we didn't have it there. Siew Foong said her house have a set so our dear YaoTung sacrifice himself again to drive us all the way to USM where Siew Foong live to get the Mahjung. It took us more than 1 hour to get the Mahjung to the Hotel. We taught YaoTung how to play and he's the one winning all the time. I wonder whether he's really new to this game or he's just tricking us. Anyway, after playing a few rounds, he was too tired to entertain us anymore. He went to lie down and sleep. Here's the photo. Isn't it cute?? Sleeping in SK's sleeping bag, hugging Siew Foong's Rhino(which I think looks more like a pig!). By the way, the Rhino is a birthday present that Siew Foong asked Chen to buy from MetroJaya which she wants to give it to her friend, but she loves it so much that she said she'll hug it for 1 day first. (I hope her friend or the Rhino's owner will not read this article). HT Goh and Carmen came. HT took over YaoTung's place to play a few round of Mahjung with us.

Then we played UNO cards with Carmen. 5 of us-Siew Foong, Carmen, HT, my sister and I. HT was real funny. I think he forgot to take his medicine before coming to the hotel. He makes us laugh so much until my stomach muscle ache. He tends to read out all the cards that he has and once we laugh and tell him that we know all his cards, he'll scold us and ask why we listen to what he say. It's quite late, 12 something. HT and Carmen went back.

After they finished the scrabble, SK and Jayie were tired and wanted to sleep already. Actually Jayie already fallen asleep while watching TV. Both of them shared a bed. The rest of us-Chen, YaoTung, SiewFoong, WaiKei, my sister and I continue playing UNO cards on the other bed. We laughed hard too, especially when it's WaiKei turn, he'll surely read out the card again and want to confirm it. We'll answer him something else. Why can't he just see himself and played, but to confirm again what's on the card? I think he's too used to it. In my opinion, it's a sign of lack of confidence in him. He'll like to confirm with others first before he make the decisions. WaiKei, no offence ya!! Please do comment if you think I'm not right...

We played til 3.30am only slept. Chen and Siew Foong shared the other bed. WaiKei and YaoTung slept in the sleeping bag, of course not the same one. I mean slept in 2 different sleeping bags. WeiNien loves the hanging position so much that he wanted to sleep in his favourite spot. My sister and I put a blanket on the floor and sleep.

Sunday morning, my sister and I woke up early around 7.30am to pack and went over to City Bayview Beach resort as my parents want to bring us for buffet breakfast at 8am. So what happen after we left, I don't know. Can anyone please tell me??

All in all, we really do enjoyed this stay. Thanks to SK again for the room. Thanks to YaoTung for the steamboat dinner and drive all the way to get the Mahjung. Thanks to WeiNien for the Pizza and the UNO cards. Thanks to Alcyn for all the junk food. Thanks to Ailin for the paper plates and cups and of course my special order Zappel. Thanks to HT for the laughter. Thanks to Jayie for the nice oldies songs. Thanks to Siew Foong for the free swimming lesson and the Mahjung. Thanks to WaiKei and Carmen for coming over and had fun together. Thanks to my sister for accompany me for the first day before everyone reach and for finishing the food. Thanks to myself for the dinner on the first day...hehe...

Hope everyone did enjoy yourselves and hope you enjoy reading this too. Please do comment ya!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

whatever that was you made for dinner, it tastes great, even when its cold the next day. can you teach me how to do it? i could use a few new tricks hehehe....

Anonymous said...

ermm .. I actually dont know what is 'toastmaster' is...care to explain??