Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Remember the purpose!!

I always love to read some motivational books. I'll try my best to read whenever I have the time to do so, especially when I'm in the ferry or waiting for someone.

Currently I'm readong a book by John C. Maxwell and Jim Dorman with the book title "How to becoming a person of Influence". It's a very interesting book and I learnt a lot from this book. I'll like to share more about this book after I finish reading the whole book.

As for the time being, I'll like to share with you this interesting short paragraph that I truly agree with.

Paradoxical Commandments of Leadership

People are illogical, unreasonable and self-centered – love them anyway.
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives – do good anyway.
If you’re successful, you’ll win false friends and true enemies – succeed anyway.
The good you do today will perhaps be forgotten tomorrow – do good anyway.
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable – be honest and frank anyway.
The biggest man with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest man with the smallest mind – think big anyway.
People favor underdogs but follow only hot dogs – fight for the few underdogs anyway.
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight – build anyway.
People really need help but may attack you if you help them – help them anyway.
Give the world the best that you have and you will get kicked in the teeth – give the world the best that you have anyway.
If better is possible, then good is not enough.

It's just like what I always say, we must always remember what's our purpose of doing something. Don't lose our vision. When we do something good to others, our purpose is just to do good to them, our purpose is not to get any rewards from them or hope to get something back. Sometimes we lose our vision, after some time when we treat someone nice and didn't get any return, we started to talk bad about that person or judge that person as someone who don't know how to appreciate and so on... So we should just remember our purpose is to do good and just do good. It doesn't matter if people don't appreciate it or treat us good in return. The most important thing is what lies within us... It's how we carry ourselves that matters...

Most of the times we tend to look at others mistakes or judge how other's perform, but we seldom look into ourselves and reflect how we performed. I think that we can't control how other's perform but we can control how we perform, so it's more important to look at own self and not to judge others because when you judge others, it will change your way of treating that person. It may not because of that person is really like this but it's just because we think of that person as we think it is...

In conclusion, we should always try to remember our purpose of doing something, don't lose vision and become ugly at the end... Live beautifully!!!

No comments: