Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas Eve

This year's Christmas was a different one for me. I didn't go back to Butterworth, but thank God that my family was here with me. They are just so sweet. =) They took plane down here to celebrate with me. Poor thing, my 2 brothers can't come because Andrew had to play guitar for the caroling and sing on Christmast morning. :-( Feel bad for leaving them at home and having mum and dad over here with me. Good thing is that they are very understanding.


I have to work on Christmas eve. Supposingly I can go off work earlier, I'm sure my boss will let me go an hour or two earlier, but I want to use the office equipment to do my christmas present, ended up I finished work an hour later than usual. Anyway, I didn't really work at all that day. After lunch, I started to do my own personal stuff. Last minute I decided to make a small booklet for all my friends. So I used office's cutter and binding machine. =p So I started to cut and bind after my lunch. I didn't know it will take me such long time. Haih... But anyway, quite happy with that although it's a bit "cacat-ed" (learnt this new word from Kylie) because I forgot to leave some space on the left for the binding, so now can't see some of the words.


At night, my aunt Lan Mai (catholic, so celebrate christmas too) hosted the christmas dinner. She cooked lots of wonderful dishes, like the shepherd pie, fruit salad, special cheese cocktail and etc. The best part was she ordered a whole Roasted Lamb with mint sauce. That's a lot but we finished it too. It was just so so so so yummy!!! I know I shouldn't eat because it's very heaty and I'm singing the next day, but I just couldn't resist it. Hehe... My aunt's father-in-law brought wine. I mixed it with some gassy drinks and it tasted so nice. I don't normally like alcoholic drinks but that was just so nice that I couldn't stop myself from drinking it. I lost count how many glasses I took, I only know I drank the whole night. =p We chat and laughed a lot too.


Around 10.30pm, I started to feel sleepy. Can't really focus already as my mind kept thinking of all the unwrap presents that I have to wrap. So I went back to my house earlier. Wrapped the present until 1am and slept.


That's my Christmas eve. Normally every year, Christmas eve I'll be in the caroling until 12am and wished everyone. This year was relatively a quiet one for me. Staying alone at home since 11pm. Anyway, I'm still glad that I had a wonderful dinner with my family members and had a great time of fellowship over the roasted lamb. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey sis! Wah...all da food u mentioned really make me feel hungry now! hehe! Haih...i can only eat all da "lousy" food in VICTORIA STATION,with steak and lobster inside,and also da sparkling juice we drank last time...so pitty... hehe! I miss da chance to wish u a **BLESSED CHRISTMAS**,so i've do it here. Thanks God tat the caroling run well wif da help of yah wen and eunice. If not i'm sure kelam-kabut cuz uncle boon leong juz throw da whole things to me. Although i've joined caroling for years but i never fully organize it b4. Now i'm busy preparing 4 watch night service. A Big challenge to me too in regard of da amount of ppl in yp. Da sketch we also hv to repeat a lot 4 da character, especially there are only 2 guys! haha...i think this is too much in a blog comment! may be i'll write it in emel to u! Hope to see u soon! Take care and continue to shine 4 HIM!