Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas

This year I woke up extra early. Have to be in the church by 7.30am even though the service only starts at 10am. I was in the choir so need to be there early to run through and prepare. The experience of being in the choir was quite an eye opener for me. (I never know I can sing soprano.. haha.. anyway, I think I'm quite lousy =p) Although the performance was just 40minutes, but the process of practising and getting ready for the day was quite fun. The piece we sang "One of us" was very meaningful. I personally like that very much and was very touched by the lyrics.

We warmed up and got ourselves ready for the performance. I was quite shocked when the curtain opened up. The church was so full of people. More than usual. I think that was not our best performance. I think we sang better in Bidor than the church itself. Anyway, it was still good. Many people think we performed well and gave us lots of encouraging comments. Thanks to Joseph and Charity. :-)

After the service, we went down to the basement for fellowship. So many people that you will even find it so difficult to turn your body around. I'm very glad and happy that my family was there. At least they got to know the church that I'm attending and got to some of my church friends. A lot of gift changing. You can see people with bags of gifts. I really appreciate all their loves, especially Yueen Mun's handmade bookmark with encouraging notes behind, Aliza's chocolates and Su's notes. =)

Afternoon, my family and I went to Pavilion, the quite new and big mall. We walked around and chat and laugh. It's always nice to be with my family. We had lunch in the food court. So crowded. The food was not cheap but yet still so many people lining up to buy food and waiting for tables. The standard of living in KL was very "expensive". Every time I saw my grandma, my heart just sinked. I realized she's old. All this while, I always say my grandma still young, or look young. But now I really treasure all the time that I can spend with her. She has problem with her memory, her legs are weak. She needs to sit every 5 minutes of walk and yet she didn't want us to feel bad because of her, so she'll force herself to walk together with us. I really hope that she'll always be strong and young. :-(

After that, we went back to my aunt's house to take a nap. Everyone was tired. We all slept soundly for almost an hour or so. My aunt Choo Mai woke us up as she wants to go out. hehe... So we went to Ikea. I was not feeling well. I think it's because I had been sleeping late for the past few nights and my body was heaty. I dragged myself to walk with them even though my headache was killing me. I just want to spend more time with them. I wanted to stay in my aunt's house longer to chat with them and only go back to my own house much later, but haih... so sad... i can't stand the pain in my head and I just had to go back home around 10.45pm. I really felt so bad about myself. I was quite angry, why must I be sick on that day? I can't stand my tears. Mummy sent me out to my car, I was still trying to control myself. Once I drove off, i started crying, crying badly. Everytime when I had to say goodbye with them, my heart just feel so pain and I just couldn't control my tears. (Even now, my tears just rolled down, I just couldn't help it.)

That's my Christmas. O..Ya... One more thing, my brother Alvin called in the afternoon and told me that Steven came back for Christmas. He went to church. I was quite shocked. That time, I just feel like I want to see him or talk to him. I even have this thought of going back to Butterworth to see him. Haha... funny... After so long, at last I have this feeling. All these while, I just didn't want to have anything to do with him, I didn't even want to see him or didn't even think of talking to him. I called his house, I talked to him through the phone. We talked as friend, just catch up with him. That's our first conversation after we broke up one and a half year ago. I'm thankful to know that at last I really let go and no longer hold grudges on him. :-)

No comments: