Monday, January 14, 2008

2007 ... 2008 ...

Year 2007 has passed by SO fast! Last weekend I went back to GLO, Taiping with Melody and Joseph, a place where I started my year 2007.
It has been a year already and yet everything is still so ... "yesterday".


Year 2007...
A year of changes... lots of changes...
From a place where I have all my family members with me, to a place where I have to stay alone all by myself.
From a place where my home is always noisy, siblings teasing one another, laughing out loud, to a place where my home is always quiet until I can hear the fan on the ceiling and dogs barking outside.
From a place where I have many church friends whom I grow up together with, to a place where I have to start from scratch to know new friends, I mean real NEW.
From a place where I'm always the AMY that people talk about, to a place where I'm WHO AMY that people don't even know exists.
From a place where I'm always holding some position where I have a say on everything, to a working place where I'm new and having the lowest position where I have no say at all.


It may seems to be I'm changing from a much comfortable and familiar place to a place where everything was just so new to me, but I really thank God for this 1 whole year where I really learn a lot and grow a lot (I hope!).


I end my year of 2007 with much gratitude.
Thank God for this wonderful year.
Thank God for my wonderful parents who has been very supportive.
Thank God that He has opened my eyes to see how much my parents actually love me and care for me.
Thank God for their understanding as I know I've been selfish for making them worry about me.
Thank God for Eugene and Aunty Siew Leng for being so generous to allow me to stay in their house. I really can't imagine myself staying somewhere else but here.
Thank God for all the great friends who really care about me and love me so much. Without them, I really can't imagine how my life here will be if not because of them. God is really great! He knows I need friends and He has provided me with great friends.
Thank God for helping me to fit into the church well and being able to serve in a ministry.
Thank God for all the wonderful colleagues who helps to make my working environment a fun place. It's not easy or rather it's not normal to be able to get good colleagues. I really thank God for them as they are the people whom I spend most of my time with, 9 hours per day.
Thank God for a job which I really enjoy doing. It's not easy to find a job where you are happy and enjoy doing too.
Thank God for always provides, even though my salary is super pathaetic, but yet, I still can survive until now and God has been really good and His ways are just wonderful.
Thank God for the protection as it's a crazy world out there. Thank God that I'm safe and can have peace in my heart knowing that He will protect me and guard me.
Thank God for being such a great God who cares about my life.
Thank God for all the hard time He has put into the picture to discipline me and to help me grow.
Thank God for everything. Can't thank Him enough.

It really amazed me to see how God works in my life.

Year 2008...
Not sure what's in store for me, but one thing for sure God's plan is always perfect. Just trust in Him that He'll guide me through another wonderful year, a year of blessings, a year of learning and a year of growing. Also pray that He'll reveal His plan for me as in where am I heading after this. Should I stay here in PJ? Should I go back to Butterworth? Or Should I be in somewhere else? I'm excited about this new year because it's just so wonderful to see how God works in my life each and every day.

No comments: