Thursday, January 03, 2008

New Year

On 31st, I went to my aunt Lan Mai's house to have family dinner with them. I'm really thankful that I have a very kind hearted and nice aunt here in PJ, somemore so near to my house and my work place. She asked me over to her place for steamboat. My uncle, my aunt, my cousins-Marcus, Thadd and Sarah. We had a great fellowship with one another, chat a lot and laugh a lot. My uncle and my 2 cousin brothers are really jokers. They can just say things and make me laugh non-stop. We sat there and chat for quite awhile until almost 9pm. Then I have to rush as I'm attending the watchnight service in Life Chapel.

I drove myself home and on my way, I picked Andrew Low from the LRT Station. He's my dear brother. Can't really remember how long we know each other. Can say we grow up together in the same church. It has really been years. Glad to see him. His church in Nilai has no watchnight service so he decided to take 2 hours of KTM to attend watchnight here.

We reached church 10 minutes before the service starts. Haih... as usual, all of them start teasing me with him. Haha... they say he looks old. Some asked whether he's my colleague. When they found out his age, they can't believe it. Anyway, that's not the point. This was the first out of Butterworth Gospel Hall watchnight service that I attended. Sorry to say, I still like Butterworth one. =p There was so much fun and warm. In BWGH, we will have dinner together, then followed by playing some games, that's the time where we really had lots of fun. Still remember last year, we asked some of the couples to stand on the stage and asked them questions about their spouses, looking at them struggling to answer and how loving they are, it's just so fun. =) After that, we start with the more serious program. After the singing session, our youth will present a sketch. I always think that's the highlight.. hehe... because we'll have a theme and a strong message to bring out to all the audience and not only for them, God always touch my heart through the message of the sketch and it's always so wonderful to see how God works through the sketches. Then, sermon by speaker and followed by prayers of all 3 elders until 12am. Really miss those time, I'm sure Andrew will understand what I meant. It's just so different.

After the service, around 20 of us went to Lotus mamak to chat. A very loooong table. We chat and it rains... so we all have to get up and stand in front of the shop, thought going home, but everyone was still so awake and just can't stop chatting until the rain stop and we moved outside and sit down with the same loooong table position and start chatting again. Until almost 3.30am, we left that place.

Aliza, Jensen, Andrew and myself went to Joseph's house. We taught Aliza how to play "bridge". Joseph, Aliza, Andrew and myself played the game until morning 8am. We woke ZenSen up to go for Dim Sum breakfast. Not very great. I didn't really eat much too. Anyway, enjoyo\ed the fellowship. :-)

We sent Andrew back to the KL Sentral to take KTM. On the way, Jo and Aliza bought me cough medicine and Strepsils. Haha.. I guess they also can't stand me coughing til so bad and know that I won't see doctor. Anyway, that's very sweet of them. :-) Then we went back to Jo's house to continue our "bridge" game. It was really fun and it keeps reminding me of the time when I was down with chicken pox with my siblings. We really so crazy with this game and we just can't stop playing it day and night... :-)

Sister Siew Yoon invited me and Weng Soon to her house for lunch. First thing, the food was nice!!! I have never eaten that before, not sure what is it called but it's really nice. Second thing, her triplets are really adorable. It's really a blessing. It's definitely not easy to handle a triplet, especially when they all want the same thing. It's so difficult to decide who to give to. Phew!!! but they are absolutely adorable. Can't take my eyes off them. :-)

After lunch and a long chat, went back to Jo's house around 3.30pm. Thought of continue playing bridge or Call of Duty but Aliza was asleep and Jensen went home already. Su came but he was playing Magic with Tim and Charles. Ended up I fell asleep too. Slept til 7.45pm, drove back to my house and continue sleeping. I really can't believe that I was awake for 33 hours. 33 hours!!! That's definitely my record for years to come. I was quite surprised that I didn't feel sleepy or feel like dying, but I know it's not a good thing and I shall not do this often. =p I think this is also part of the reason why my cough can't be healed. =p

This is a very different and special New Year for me. Started with lots of fun and sweet friends around me. I really thank God for a great bunch of nice friends around me. He's a God who listens to prayers and He will not leave me nor abandon me. He knows my needs and His plans are always the perfect plan. To be able to survive here alone, they are really my family. I really appreciate all their friendships... :-) Thanks...

3 comments:

UgLyMiCh said...

boo! walau-eh.. didn't know that your new year is so fun xD anyway, I'm real blessed to have you with me during the few months of last year, thank God for you =] have fun at work again and continue to walk with God. See you at yf! take care..

Anonymous said...

hey amy! please get chatbox, so easy for me to leave comments and tell everyone how pretty you are. Hahaha

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog (from Alvin's friendster.. ha ha..)

I didn't know so many things 'happened' between u and 'him'.

Do keep in touch. I'm going back to help the YP this year.

Oh yeah... sorry for the past. It was dumb. :P

I have setup an online forum for the YP here:
http://bwyoungpeople.8.forumer.com/

Pls do sign up and start to get in touch with everyone else.

Rgs,
Yah Wen