I woke up around 9.30am. Still feeling sleepy.
Slept late, was on the phone chatting til almost 2am.
Did my last minute packing.
YSan called and says it might not be safe to left my car in SS2.
So, I called WSoon to find out whether he'll be around this area and whther he could help.
He's very nice and said yes straight away.
Even though there was a small miscommunication. I was supposed to pick YSan up from her house, but when I almost reached her house, WSoon called and says he'll pick her from her house.
So I drove back home. Miscommunication, but I know he meant well. :-)
Very nice of him to pick us up, and turned back again coz YSan left her sport shoes in his car, but minus the first question he asked me when he reached my house. "Did you bring your make-ups?"
We (Ysan and I) met up with Florence, she has a nice Alpha Romeo car.
We stopped in Tapah to meet up with the other Central gang.
Then continued our journey to Gopeng.
Using the map only, we tried to figure our way to the Harvest Haven place.
Along the way, there are Oil Palm Farm on the right and left, lots of cows (but I don't understand why are the cows so thin when all around them are greens) and "bombs".
After a few turning and trying to avoid the "bombs", suddenly right in front of our eyes, a big nice and new bungalow. Seriously, you wouldn't expect such a nice building in the jungle like this.
We reached around 3pm.
We took our name tags and booklets, head up to our dorm to put our things and rest.
We were so amazed by the place and so wanted to have our youth camp there.
We just walked around the place and went "wow" all the way...
Took some pictures to show the rest of the YF committees.
Both of us were so excited about the place and started imagining having our YF camp there.
Haha... crazy right?
We went back to the room to chat with our roommates Emily.
I lied on the bed and fell asleep, camp not yet start I already felt so tired and YSan says I snored.
We went down A BIT late for the orientation.
The commitees explained the rules and briefed us on what's going to happen for the next few days.
Dinner time.
The food was good too. 4 dishes.
It's not any lousy food, it tastes good. How good? I can eat more than 1 plate of rice. Ok. I know that's nothing surprising, but I only eat a lot when the dishes are nice.
Our group was on duty, so we had to clean up, washed the dishes and wiped the table.
The worker there taught us a fast and effective way of cleaning up.
Learnt a new way of washing spoons and folks.
First session starts, Bro.Joseph John spoke on "looking at the big picture".
Basically, telling us to look at the big picture and all the other things will fall in place.
Many times we prayed and asked God to show us His ways, instead of that, we should ask God to TEACH us His ways.
As long as we know His ways and pray unceasingly, it'll be easier for us to make decision and we'll BECOME His ways.
God does not promise us a wonderful plan but a wonderful purpose in all that He plans.
After the session, we have our ice-breaker game.
Paul asked us to think of a nick name. Hmm... Suddenly my mind went blank and didn't know what's my nickname. Couldn't think of any. So I just say "Mami", whatever...
Those who called names more than 3 times were forfeited. They were asked to eat something weird. It's lettuce wrapped with CiliPadi, Wasabi, Honey and ... don't know what, can't remember.
I didn't hang out and chat after supper, just felt so tired and went back to sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"I can eat more than 1 plate of rice. Ok. I know that's nothing surprising, but I only eat a lot when the dishes are nice."
me too amy. :P
Post a Comment