Today's morning manna was titled "I am that I am".
Some points that really makes me think and it's worth sharing:
We are as in a fog, not because God is all covered up and we cannot see Him, but rather we are all covered up and not ready to reveal to God where we are.
It is true, with God He gives us no choice and He expects us to obey to inherit His best. But at the same time, He gives us a choice to choose if we are prepared to accept His choice or to reject and face the consequences of our own making.
When God reveals Himself as the I AM. We should not respond with "Who am I?" Instead, we should be ready to rpely "Here am I".
Many times, it's us who dare not say "Here am I". With our busy schedules, sometimes, we just want to tell God "Wait!" or "Who am I?". Instead, we should be Ready to say "Here am I."
We had our Lord's Supper together. I knew it will be like my Butterworth kind of service because this year's camp was organized by Northern people. I went prepared with tissue. Ysan was finding it weird, why did I pass her the tissue when we are taking the cup. In Northern assemblies, or rather non-TLC assemblies, we are not given a cloth to wipe the cup. We have to bring our own tissue. Ok, that was not the point. It was nothing important or significant. It was just differences.
Speaker Joseph John concludes everything in his 4th session.
His 4 main points were :
Growing for glory
Growing the mind of Christ
Growing for spiritual maturity
Growing love and concern
We then moved outside to take a group photos. Many of them came with the professional camera. For once, we were like some super stars where we had to smile to lots of big and "canggih" camera.
Time for camp evaluation and sharing. Usual practise for almost all the camp that I've attended.
Was waiting for my chance to share something, but... :-( to bad, due to time constraint and the numbers of people who spoke, I didn't get my chance. Hahaha...
Everyone was saying quite similar things like how they struggle to come to the camp as people keep phrasing this camp as the "single's camp" or the "match-making camp". O well, we were not the only one who had to suffer this. They were all struggled too because of being labelled as desperate. Haih...
My conclusion is : It's such a waste and it's such a great loss for those who didn't attend because of the fear of being labelled or because of the wrong perception of others have.
It was really a great camp to get to know more people and to come together to encourage one another. Personally, I was really encouraged by the sharing and it has really charged up my battery which was running low.
Again, it was not a match-making camp but what happens after the camp, it's between God and the 2 people. :-)
I'm really glad that I went and I have no regrets. Looking forward to next year's camp.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nice camp posts! Next time if I need any reminders about the sessions, I can refer back to this.. haha!
Post a Comment