Ever since I'm in PJ, I never like all these Father's Day, Mother's Day thing.
It always make me feel guilty for not being able to be with my parents spending time with them.
However, this year, I think Mother's Day has become a very meaningful day for me.
(well... I guess I'm getting older...)
What did I do on Mother's Day that makes it so special???
I cleaned the house!
I experienced what my mum has to do every week for the past 20+ years!
I didn't go anywhere on a Sunday afternoon, just stayed at home swept the floor, mopped the floor and I even cleaned the toilet!
Now I can understand and appreciate my mum even more.
I can understand how is it like when she's already so tired but yet she still have to do those house chores.
I can understand how is it like when she has so many other things that she WANTS to do but yet she has to put aside and do what she NEEDS to do.
I can understand how is it like when she really doesn't like to do certain things but yet she has no choice and has to do it.
My mum got to know about what I was doing.
And this is the sms that she sent to me.
"Heard you are going to be busy cleaning your place today, ha :-) it's meaningful to make you rasa the work of a mum!"
Guess this is the best Mother's Day that I can have without being able to celebrate with my mum.
I think it's more meaningful for my mum that I have lunch/dinner with her.
I learnt to appreciate her more too.
Love ya, Mum!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I liked your Mother's Day gift and the thoughts that came with it a lot :)
Post a Comment