Friday, August 07, 2009

Am I dreaming?

18 Sept 2008 (Thursday)
He asked me out for lunch. We went to Fish Manhanttan. During the lunch, I sensed that he was acting a bit weird. Sweat on his nose, extra quiet and looked at me as if he wanted to say something. Didn't want to think too much.
After the meal, on my way back to my office, he sms-ed me. Asking me to consider taking our friendship to "another level". I was shocked! Didn't know how to react. Hide in the toilet and cry! Haha... til now I still don't know why I cry the other day. Anyway, Amy Lee doesn't need a good reason to cry... hahaha...
He sms-ed me another sms after 2 minutes, saying that I can take my time and think about it. I didn't reply to his sms since he asked to take my time. =p
At night, he asked me out to Oldtown Kopitiam in 32 Square. I went. We just talked like normal, nothing mentioned about the sms. We just shared our workplace stories and etc, just like usual.
He sent me home after that and sent me a sms asking me whether I received his sms in the afternoon. Poor fellow, he must be so panic wondering why I didn't respond to it at all. I just replied and said I did receive the sms. But I didn't give any reply to it.
Since he asked me to take my time to think about it, so I just have to pray about it first.


19 Sept 2008 (Friday)
He came and fetched me from work. Once I got into the car, he handed me a bouquet of half dozen red roses. I was AGAIN shocked!!! Then.... Silence... Then I realized he is serious about it. He is not that kind of guy who will simply give girl flowers. Never in my mind I will expect a bouquet of flower from him.
Now to think back, I think both of us just look so shy... Hahaha...
We went for dinner at Seapark Mamak before AHF.
After AHF, we went for a movie. It was Mama Mia. The first time I watched movie with him ALONE. I guess both of us were feeling a bit awkward.
He gave me a card from the florist when he sent me home.
I read the card and felt something is wrong. He sounded as if we were together. But I didn't reply to him yet! I started to feel uneasy about things and whole night... i mean literally WHOLE NIGHT I just couldn't sleep. Was thinking a lot...


20 Sept 2008 (Saturday)
I smsed him early in the morning telling him that we need to talk but that's a very busy weekend so I suggest to talk on Sunday night. He said no and he wanted to come over straight away to talk.
We went for a drive. We talked in the car.
We had a super long conversation, he actually drove all the way to Nilai.
Ended up, I decided to give it a try with simple reasons that he's a guy who loves the Lord.


NINE MONTHS LATER...


18 June 2009 (Thursday)
He came over to have lunch with me. We went to Fish Manhanttan in Sunway Pyramid.
That day, we both just had a very weird feeling. Heart beat very fast, as though we just started our relationship.
I told him it's so coincident that today is 18th and it's also a Thursday and we are having lunch at the same place.
At night, he asked me to go and return something to Kok Choong. I followed. After we went to KC's place, he suggested to have a drink in 32 Square Oldtown Kopitiam.
We just sat there and talked for awhile.


19 June 2009 (Friday)
He came to fetch me to work in the morning. It was a surprise and I was really happy to see his car when I was about to drive myself to work.
After work, when I got into his car, he handed me a bouquet of half dozen red roses. Again, I was surprised. He's just so sweet. Celebrating our anniversary by repeating the same thing that had happened 9 months ago. I jokingly asked are we watching a movie tonight? He didn't reply.
He waited for me to take my bath and we went for dinner.
He drove me to Seapark Mamak to have dinner. I smiled. The same place again. :-)
We went to AHF.
After AHF, he asked whether I would like to watch a movie. I said it's very difficult to get a ticket on Friday night. He said we'll go there and try.
When we reach 1U GSC, he asked me which movie I want to watch.
Hmm... there were not many nice movies. I chose "Drag me to Hell", thinking that most probably there will be no tickets left.
He went to the auto machine, put in his credit card, and out came 2 tickets for Drag Me to Hell.
I was really surprised. He guess it right, he knew I will choose this movie and bought the ticket online.
I was happy. :-)
It was a really scary movie. My last horror movie... Maybe age catching up, my heart couldn't take it anymore. It's REALLY scary...


20 June 2009 (Saturday/Friday midnight)
He came up to the apartment when he sent me home.
Sitting on the sofa, he asked me whether I'll like to stay in this apartment for long.
I answered as long as the owner doesn't kick me out of the house.
He said he wanted me to stay here for long and he popped the question "Will you marry me?".
I thought he was just joking, so I just asked him not to joke about it.
He said he's serious, and he knelt down in front of me, still asking me the question "Will you marry me?".
Now I start to panic, don't tell me he's seriously serious!
I asked him not to joke, there's no ring!
He got up and took the car key, as usual, I knew he was just joking, he always play with the key ring and wanted to put on my finger as ring.
He knelt back down and put it into my finger, me blur case, still thought he was joking.
I wasn't wearing my spec. I pull my hand near to my face and.......
WHAT??????? A real diamond ring on my finger!!!!!!
WHAT??????? My heart almost stopped beating and I couldn't believe this is happening so soon.
My next question was... He hasn't asked my dad yet.
Another surprise, he said he already asked!
Oh boy, it's not a coincident that he repeated the whole same thing like 9 months ago how we got started. He planned all these just for this 1 question and he actually remembered all the details.
Poor him, still on his knees, looking at me with a nervous face, waiting for me to answer his question.
Of course, I said YES! :-)


ANOTHER NINE MONTHS LATER...


20 March 2010 (Saturday)
We will be married~~
It's the beginning of a new journey... A journey with him!

3 comments:

Mel said...

Hi Amy!

I'm so happy for the both of you!And that was so sweet of him! Will pray for both of you even as you seek God's wisdom in building this new house together.

~aMyLeE~ said...

Thanks Mel. :-)

Anonymous said...

aww sounds so sweet la amy!
praise God that you guys have found a good partner for life ;)

take care, charis.