I'm glad to be able to be in part of the Life Chapel's Easter Production this year.
We did a drama called Mystery Files : Missing at Dawn.
I personally like the script a lot and think it's really brilliant.
Sometimes we as christian are just so familiar with this easter story that we don't ask more question or have the attitude to find out more in details.
We just believe as it is.
To be able to look at this easter story in the eyes of a non-believer trying to find any loopholes of this stories really makes me believe 110% our God is a true and living God, worthy to be praised!
I'm playing the role of Salome, one of the women who went to the tomb and found Jesus' body missing.
I'm to act how panic she was to find that Jesus is missing and asked help from the private investigator Sam Spade to look for Jesus' body.
I'm not a pro in acting! It took me quite a bit to figure out how to get into this character and play this character well.
Of course, thanks to all my friends and fellow teammates (especially Jessica & Mun Onn) who has guided me a lot.
Well... 2 more things I'll like to share here that really helps me to meditate and get into that character and that scenario.
First, is this particular song which really touches me.
We worship at your feet
Come and see, come and see
Come and see the King of love
See the purple robe and crown of thorns he wears
Soldier mocks, rulers sneer
As he lifts the cruel cross
Lone and friendless now, he climbs towards the hill
We worship at your feet
Where wrath and mercy meet
And a guilty world is washed
By love's pure stream
For us, he was made sin
O help me take it in
Deep wounds of love cry out:
"Father, forgive"
We worship, we worship
The Lamb who was slain
Come and weep, come and mourn
For your sin that pierced him there
So much deeper than the wounds of thorn and nail
All our pride, all our greed
All our fallenness and shame
And the Lord has laid the punishment on him
Man of heaven, born to earth
To restore us to your heaven
Here we bow in awe beneath your searching eyes
From your tears comes our joy
From your death our life shall spring
By your resurrection power we shall rise
Secondly, is the thought of waking up in the morning and realize that Jesus is no longer in my life.
This thought really scares me and wakes me up.
Sometimes I just take it for granted knowing that God will always be there for me and with me.
Never thought of having a day without God in my life.
It's rather difficult to understand how Salome felt when she didn't see Jesus in the tomb, as we all know that He has risen.
But to try to think one day Jesus went missing in our life just like that, wow... I really can't imagine how will that be and what to do next...
This thought help me to get into the character, as well as help me to appreciate Him more in my life, not to take Him for granted, like only go to Him when I'm in need.
Really thank God for this drama that I'm able to be involved in.
I really learnt a lot from it.
Thank God that it also touched a few non-believers heart to come to Him.
It's just so amazing to see how God works.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment