This morning I attended the ACCA Career Day Seminar. I've learned a lot in the morning session whereby 4 of the panel shared about the insights of what an ACCA graduate can go into. All this while, I am interested to go into commercial service line. I want to work in a Hotel. But the trainer actually says that if I straight away jumped into Hotel or service line, I'll be non-marketable in other field next time if I decided to move as service line is very specialist. I will know detailed knowledge about the service line but since service line is very specialist, the knowledge you learnt can only be applied in service line, so you will not get to move into other commercial lines, if you can, you will have to learn all over again because it's very different.
This makes me reconsider my decision. I'm wondering whether i should do 3 years of auditing first. I never like auditing. If I have to go into auditing for 3 years, it will like asking me to do things that I don't like for 3 years. I think it will be a nightmare for me. Should I do something that I don't like for 3 years just for the experience sake? Is it worth it? Or should I do something that I like? I'm confused. If I knew I'm not doing auditing in the future, why should I waste my 3 years time in auditing? I know a lot of seniors say that I will learn a lot in auditing firm. But if I go into commercial lines, I might be learning to do the things that I want to learn and had the advantage compared to those went through the auditing then only come to the commercial 3 years later. I'm not very sure....???
I'll study hard for the moment to ensure that I clear all my papers by December 2006. Gambate Amy!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Amy,
Great to hear about your sharing in d blog site. Just wanna share my opinion on your interest in the hotel industry. Did meant that you would like to work in hotel? Which line,please? I don't think those who work or starts their career in the hotel industry will be considered not marketable. I have friends working in hotel and they are very marketable and doing very well. So, I think if you like comercial service, then go FOr IT!
Cheers,
AiLin,
BTW Toastmasters
Just share a comment,working life is a big portion in our daily life. I believe that we should do what we love to. I strongly believe that "Nothing great was achieved without enthusiasm", quote from Ralph Wardo Emerson...If commercial service line is the area you love,you will exel because you love it, Go for it..
Post a Comment