Wednesday, August 31, 2005

National Day

Tomorrow is our National Day. It reminds me of some sweet memories.

Just now on my way back home, I passed by Esplanade and it makes me think of Steven. We have been celebrating National Day together for the past 2 years.

Year 2003, both of us went to the Esplanade by bike just to see the fireworks. None of our friends wanted to go but we still insist to go as both of us never see fireworks in real before and that's the first time my parents allow me to go out so late to a crowded place like that. So we went and the fireworks are really beautiful and loud. I know you guys can't understand why girls like fireworks so much, but it's just simply so BEAUTIFUL. It makes me go WOW until I can't close my mouth. That's the first time I see fireworks. After that, we were stucked in the traffic jam for hours even we were just driving bike. Imagine for those who were driving cars. But despite all the long hours of terrible jam, there are still so many people want to see the firework, I'm not sure whether it's because of their patriotic spirit or just because the beauty of the fireworks??

Year 2004, the fireworks is in Butterworth for a change. It's just somewhere near our house. So this time we went by car with Steven's mum and my sister. This is the second time for us but the first time for my sister and his mum. It's still BEAUTIFUL and it's funny to see my sister went WOW until her mouth open so wide. haha... But this time since it's in somewhere we are familiar with, we got a very strategic spot whereby we can really see it clearly just right in front of our eyes. It's like dropping onto your face. It's really BIG and ... (what word can I use to describe something more than beautiful? ) Although there were traffic jam again after that but since we know all the small roads so it's still not that bad for us.

Year 2005, no one to do crazy stuff with me anymore, no one to accompany me to see fireworks anymore and I don't even know whether this year is in Penang or Butterworth. So tonight after my tuition class, I'll just stay at home and sleep early. That will be my National Day for this year. Hmm... I think I should just console myself by keep saying "Afterall what's so nice about fireworks then trapped in traffic jam for hours? Isn't it better to sleep at home and you will get more rest." That makes me feel a little bit better.

Anyway, Happy Merdeka Day ya!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is really a great moment when we go and see the fireworks. Nothing can compare with the live shows. Unfortunately i have no camera at that time or i will take down all this moment. Especially on the year 2003 where we go and squeeze with other people to celebrate Nasional Day. Although from Jetty to Esplanada is only 5 minutes ride but we take almost 45 minutes to get to jetty. We brak all the rules, we even ride into the walking lane(the lane in front of the shop). It is really excited and fun. Nothing can really compare that experience...

In year 2004 is special too as i bring my mum, amy and amy sister along. At first we plan to go out again but i already promise my mum long time ago but it is fun too to go together with my mum. I remember that we bring chocolate along somemore, right amy.

In year 2005, which is this year. I have to go to class as i am already in Melbourne. How i wish i can go to see the firework with Amy but i know we will always have another chance in the future, right Amy.

Happy Merdeka To All Malaysian...