Last weekend was the GLO Training School Graduation. The rule is as long as you attended 3 weeks and above you are considered full time students. Haha… the rule was set just for me… I only attended Part 1 for 3 weeks and I’m considered a full time student with a full time certificate. :-p
I can’t be there earlier to help as I don’t have enough leave, so I can only help to things that need preparation before hand.
I helped to do the booklet for the service. The file was so big that I almost can’t get it send over to Eugene on time. He was quite disappointed with me about this. Sorry… I was supposed to send it to him by Wednesday. I came home late that day and was rushing for Prayer meeting so I didn’t manage to send to him. On Thursday, I tried to send, but it was just so slow to use dial up to send such huge file. I try to attach and send it over… I have tried for 4 hours plus and the file was still not attached and couldn’t be sent. So I delayed til Friday, I brought my laptop to work, walked to 1 Utama New Wing during my lunch break to online and send it over. The worst thing was he didn’t receive. Sometime wrong somewhere… but don’t know where… So after work at 3.30pm, I rushed back to my aunt’s house to send it again. Luckily it went through this time. Only then he get to send it to the printer to get it printed. Obviously he has valid and solid reasons to be upset about me, I can’t complain or blame anyone… It’s my fault for not foreseeing all these problems. Anyway, thank God that it went through just in time for the printer to print it.
I helped to do the slide show presentation. This was even far more larger file so I can’t send it to him to view it first. Since I have to work half day and can only leave office at 11am, I promise to reach Taiping latest by 3.30pm (the service was at 5pm) to set up everything and to pre-run the whole thing. I have been calling Joseph to wake him up since 10.30am but every half an hour I called again, he’s still on his bed… He “snoozed” til 12.30pm only realize that the meeting was at 5pm, he thought it’s at night. So we reached Taiping around 4pm. Again, 10 minutes before we reached Taiping, Eugene called and very disappointed that we still haven’t arrived. He was worried that the things were not properly set up and everything will screwed up. I managed to set up my laptop and show him the slides. Thank God that everything run smoothly throughout the whole service.
After the service only we get to relax a bit and talk to one another. Only a few of us went. Melody, Samuel, Shawn, Joshua, Naomi, Joseph and myself. I didn’t get to talk to them much because I was with my Butterworth youth Eunice and Jonathan. It has been a long while since we met each other too. It’s so nice to get to chat with them. Although it may seems to be like we are out of topics, the fact that we just stand there and eat together… it’s good enough. I don’t know how to express that feeling. It’s like we know each other for years. We know each other since young, and now 3 of us are already no longer teenagers. It’s just WARM…
One more thing that makes me real happy was that my mum came!!! She came with other church members in the van. She not only came herself but she brought me lots of stuff. She bought me a rice cooker, my favourite mini mooncakes from Butterworth and special panadol from Butterworth ( but unfortunately I forgot to get the panadol from her before she went back). I was really happy to see her there. For her to purposely take time off from her busy schedule and to come all the way to Taiping to attend my graduation, it meant a lot to me. I really hope my parents can support me for going through this GLO course. I just want them to know that I really learn a lot and learn to see things differently and have stronger faith in God that He will carry me through. I just want them to know that I learn to be a better girl too =)
After all the church members went back, only left Eugene, Aunty Siew Leng, Melody, Joseph and myself. Of course, we went for our favourite Lemak Sui or Curry Laksa place for supper. I missed the place so much. I didn’t get to eat the last time when I went with the Life Chapel youth because of the heavy rain. This time I ate 1 and a half bowl and the “Egg Tea”-Hard-boiled egg in tea. We chat and laugh…. Really had a great time of fellowship…
At night, only 3 of us, Melody, Joseph and I stayed in the bungalow. I was too tired and sleepy. I slept on the sofa until around 4am. I woke up to chat with Melody for awhile then went to the room to sleep.
Sunday morning, after service, we went for lunch and followed by our favourite ice-cream place-Panorama. Joseph says the ice-cream is just so so… but to Melody and myself, it’s not the ice-cream that really matters, but the memories and the fellowship.
This trip makes me think a lot. It has been more than half a year ever since GLO Part 1 til now. I can still remember all the great time and err… not so good time (scolding)…. It’s a point where my life really change. If not because of that short 3 weeks, I’ll not be in PJ today doing what I’m doing now. It’s just so wonderful to know how God can works in a person life in a short 3 weeks. I’m sure Melody will understand what I meant… :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment