Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Two Calls

Today I received two calls. Two calls that make me think a lot. Haih... what a coincident that I got these 2 calls in a day!

First, my dad called and told me that there's a new 5 star hotel in Kepala Batas, which is just 20-30 minutes drive from my house. It's brand new and they are hiring people now. He gave me the email address and asked me to send in my resume. After I found out more details, they are just hiring for the Head of Department, which is the first batch of pioneer employees. Of course, I'm not there yet to apply for any of the positions. But if I do the calculation, the second batch of employees will be in after 9 months, which mean around next year Jan or so. It will about time when I'm supposed to go home. I gave myself 2 years here in PJ. If nothing happen or other calling, I'll be back in Butterworth.

Just roughly 15 minutes after the first call, my phone rang again.
Second, my friend (Actually I also not sure which category she falls in. Haih... she's my ex-bf's Aunt) from Sheraton called me. This was the second time she called me. I thought she should have blacklisted me because the last time when she called me, I didn't give her any reply. She called again and offered me a job in Sheraton Subang. She kept telling me I'm potential, blah blah blah... trying to make me feel good I guess... coz she hasn't seen me work too, how can she know I can perform? Anyway, that's beside the point. She offered me a higher position with MUCH better pay. The most interesting which really attracts me is that Sheraton is an international chain under Starwood, she says I'll get to travel around. Of course, when I travel I'll get to stay in the hotel, transport, laundry and meals are all provided. That's like my dream comes true! The reason why I like to work in a hotel because I'll get to travel around with all expenses covered! I sort of forgot this dream of mine after working in One World Hotel. I was just too comfortable with my working environment now that I don't mind doing routine work with good colleagues around. But now that she mentioned, if there's a chance of course I'll like to travel!

It's definitely a good offer but I'm not too sure whether it's a right thing for me to do. If it's short term travelling like 2 weeks per trip, I might like it, but if it's long term like 3 months per trip, I'll not want to. Another thing is the point that she can call me out of no where and sounds so desperate also means that she desperately need people because there must be a lot of back log already. Am I prepared to work that hard in a new environment? I guess I'm just too comfortable now that it's hard to make changes.

If I really want to go back to Butterworth, then I shouldn't be considering this job offer because it'll not be nice to be in a new company and quit so soon. If I only have another 10 months in PJ, I'll rather be comfortable and enjoy myself instead of going to a new place, start all over again and make myself suffer for the last few months of my experience in PJ.

But what if I'm to stay in PJ? If I'm to stay in PJ, then I'll not want to stay in One World Hotel because it's not an international chain hotel and it's not paying me well. I'll like to move to hotel like Sheraton to get more exposure and of course to get to travel and stay in different hotels.

The problem now is whether to stay in PJ or go back to Butterworth. I did say that I'm giving myself in PJ for 2 years to learn as much as I can and to experience as much as I can then go back to Buterworth to serve in my own home church, UNLESS I'm stucked with someone here. Hmm... guess this is not happening. Anyway, this is just my own plan. I'm not sure what's God's plan for me and what God has in mind for me. I'm still seeking and I'm still praying for Him to reveal His plan for me. No matter what, I'm to glorify His name and to be a good testimony no matter where I go.

No comments: