Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Burglary

Thought everything was fine.
Thought at last I'm out of my depression mood and everything will be fine.
Just wrote a post with the title "Hooray!"

And yet...
Things happened...

My house got broken into last Friday night.
Thank God that I was out watching movie with JeeLeng, Su and Joseph.
Thank God that we continue to hang out in McD after the movie til late midnight.
Can't imagine if I were at home.

Reached home around 1am that day.
Was curious why the light in Eugene's room was on, but it still didn't strike me on what might happened.
When I opened the door, I sensed something was not right.
Normally I double locked, but now it's only locked once.
When I opened the door, I saw keys on the floor, in front of Eugene's room.
His room's door knob was damaged.
Then only I realized what had happened.

Luckily JeeLeng, Su and Joseph were around.
I walked into my room, saw all my clothes on the floor.
The grill door on the ceiling was wide opened.
There were foot prints on the wall and the ladder was lying there.
My room was in a terrible mess.

Look out the living room where I put my laptop, IT'S GONE!
Look on the sofa where I put my camera before I left the house, IT'S GONE!
Look on my bed and saw the Parker pen that my brother gave me before I left for PJ, IT'S GONE!
Look on the mirror table where I put my radio, IT'S GONE!
Look on the table where I keep my precious white gold with diamond cross pendant, IT'S GONE!

My mind went blank, didn't know what to think.
Panic? Frightened? Worry? Confused?
I didn't know what emotion I should put on.
I didn't know what should I feel.
I didn't know what to feel.
I was just lost!

Things lost, heart broken.
But I know it's just material stuff, I can buy it back again.
Anyway, the camera, the radio and the pendant are gifts from "someone".
It's time to just let it go.
As the mandarin saying goes "old things not gone, new ones won't come" :-p

The worst thing is to have no house to stay in anymore.
I really like Eugene's house.
A place where I find comfort in.
A place where I get to have time for myself.
A place where it's so convenient to anything.
Now, IT'S GONE!
I can't stay there anymore.
It's no longer safe. People marked and knew I was staying alone in that house.

My parents are worried.
My friends are worried.
Everyone asked me not to stay in that house.
I know! I know! But where to stay???
It's super not easy to find a new place to stay.
A place where I can find comfort in.
A place where I can have privacy and have time for myself.
A place where it's convenient.

One thing for sure, my Lord will provide!
Just have to be strong and have faith in Him.

At one point, I thought I've lost A LOT and thought I'm down with NOTHING.
But I know I'm TOTALLY WRONG!
I've just lost SO LITTLE.
I still have all my wonderful family and friends around me.

My super dad actually took a bus down straight away on Saturday.
Just to see whether I'm fine.
Then took a bus back to Butterworth on Sunday.
It must be a very tiring journey for him.
Worst still, I didn't really get to spend much time with him.
Feeling guilty...

My mum and all my siblings called and showed concern too.
I was touched when my sister sms me.
She sent me a very encouraging sms and try to comfort me.
I'm really glad that my little sis is so caring and loving.

JeeLeng, who wanted to stay over in my place that night.
Ended up, she went through the whole thing with me.
Being there for me when I needed a shoulder and a hug.
It really meant a lot to me.

Su, who sent me back that night and be the man there.
Helped me to think when my brain was not functioning.
Being my translator to speak to the policeman.
Just being there.
At times, I know I've been very stubborn but I know he's just worried and concern about me.

Joseph, who has been very kind to let me stay over in his place.
The feeling of being "houseless" (he corrected me, instead of saying homeless, should be houseless) is really terrible.
Have anyone experienced that before?
On Sunday afternoon, I was tired, wanted to take a nap.
But yet, driving my car, didn't know where to go.
I can't go back home, or rather Eugene's house.
Driving around...
Thank God for such a kind brother.
I know I've invaded his privacy.
I'm looking for a place to rent aggresively!!!
It's not easy but I'm trying...

Aliza, who has offered her place for me.
Yueen Mun, who called back from Australia to talk to me. She asked me not to take this as a sign to go back to Butterworth. :-)
Yueen San, who has offered me a place to stay too.
Edwin, who is kind enough to spend time with me over KFC, just to tell me that even though I'm from Butterworth but they do care about me and reminded me of things that I need to do.
Uncle Weng Onn and Aunty Mooi Eng, who generously letting me stay in the house.
Weng Soon, Joel, Mun Onn, Peng Chui, Hoonch & others, who called and showed concern.

I'm really glad and thankful...

No comments: