I just feel like writing about a new friend that I just got to know during the convention.
First day, when we first met, he was so quiet and "looked" blur. I must emphasize again that he "looked" blur. =p We didn't get to talk much. I noticed him just following behind us no matter where we went, not even giving his opinion on where he feels like going. He'll just "obey" our decision. Maybe the rest of us have known each other for quite long and we are so used to talking all those craps... and sometimes, he's just too quiet that we don't even realize he's there. Sometimes, I'm concerned that he might feel so bored following us around and feel so abandoned as we kept talking among ourselves, so I kept reminding everyone to involve him in our conversation. It's not an easy task as we are so familiar with one another and our conversation may seems so "stranger" for him.
All this goodie impression of him only last for a few days. =p Until the last night before we went back to Penang, 6 of us, should I say the younger ones? Ok lah, give them face, call them the young ones for once, although I'm the only young one there. =p I know all of them were tired but we just want to spend more time together, chatting... So we were in a room having fellowship.
As usual, I try to crack for topics. It's tough because he still doesn't know most of our stories so we can't actually say much. Basically I can't ask anyone else any questions beside him so for the whole night we have interviewing him, asking him lots of questions and he's just so nice to answer all of them, including how he knows his wife back then.
Throughout the conversation, he really "opens up himself" (not physically) and shared lots of his stories with us. We were all so surprised to know how humorous he is. He can just make us laugh like mad. The way he narrates his stories is just simply humorous. He knows where to give timely punch line that makes all of us couldn't have enough of his stories. He's really the man!!!
After we were back to our own homes, I'm glad to know that he has been part of us. I'm sure he has found his sense of belonging in our group. We have one more new member. :-) He sent us email with lots of humour in it again.
One thing I must mention is his creativity. He has put "ClaPEJ" as his subject title in all the emails he sent out to us. At first I was curious what's that means, as he said, I'm also equally too free like him, he create the puzzle and I crack it. When I found out the meaning of ClaPEJ, I'm just so…. I don't know what word to use to describe how I feel about him. He's really a joker!!!
ClaPEJ is the initial of 6 of our names. Clement, Lilian, Amy, Peng Yew, Ee Liang and Johnson. And the reason why CPEJ is in capital letter while la is in small is the difference of guy and girl. Isn't it creative?
Johnson, you are one of the very special person that I met. Your presence has made my trip this time a more interesting and memorable one. :-) Thanks!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Little Amy,
From this blog, now only I know you're a good journalist.
You can write a blur sotong for more than one A4 page long. If you do not believe this, you can paste this article in the Microsoft Word, you will notice a A4 page will not fit your story. so, I want to write a word to you, "hock" (read in Hockien) ! Kampateh !!
During the convention, I guest I talk to you in the longest time was on the bed. (Non-ClaPEJ may start think of something yang bukan-bukan. To clarify, Lilian was on the bed as well... Hah, is it 3P ? ...no lah, ClaPEJ all on the bed, it's 6 person lah!..... pengsan!, now a days, the youngsters are so open hah !!). "AIYAH"...need to sensor this part, else those below 18 might mislead from this.
Amy, remember there is 9 more years of story pending deliver, because you're so sleepy at about 4am that time. When to hear my 9 years story?
Eh, quickily return to Penang lah, ClaPEJ short of "a" is really looks weird lah.
All the best to you on your upcoming exam.
I'm the "J"
James...James Bond ??
Post a Comment