Friday, May 25, 2007

My new friends

Maybe it's time for me to write a little bit about my new friends in Petaling Jaya.

I keep telling my friends how much I miss my friends in Penang. One of them reminded me that maybe it's time for me to move on, instead of always feeling sad and miss so many people.

Hmm... Ok, maybe I should also think of the friends that I have here. Of course, there are still NEW friends, it's still very different from all my dearest friends in Penang, but still, I think I should learn to appreciate them more too.


Well, I have a few new friends here. Besides working, going over to my aunt's house and stay alone at home, I'll be spending most of my time in church activities and hang around with my church friends. I guess most of the young girls (I mean girls around my age) are quite busy with their life or are attached with someone, so I don't see any girls in the church during weekdays. I'm the only young one there. The rest all aunties... Married and some even grandmas... So most of the time, I'm the thorns among the roses... Err... sounds wrong... It should be I'm the rose among the thorns =p


First in the list...

Joseph

I am adopted by a nice family Uncle Weng Onn here. They have this adoption program in the church to adopt people like me into their families. I was arranged into this sweet and lovely family. Joseph is the youngest son. He's same age with my brother Alvin. He's my dear brother here.

I've learnt a lot from him and realize how nice a person can actually be. He's the first super nice person whom I know and he did all that from a sincere heart, a heart for the Lord.

He's still waiting to be posted into local Uni so he can accompany most of the time. We spend most of our time eating and chatting. With him around, I can order as much food as I like and don't have to worry that I can't finish it. He's known as "bottom-less", he will finish all the food. He's the one whom I can share my stories with over here and he'll always reminds me of things that I somehow neglected.

He's also a super gentleman. Everytime when we walk on the street, he'll always ask me to walk inside and he'll never let me walk outside. So many stories that I can tell about him. He's also very sensitive to what I'm thinking and how I feel. If I am to continue this, it'll be super super lengthy. He's really such a loving person.



Weng Soon

A friend who is "supposed" to inform me about all the church activities and try to make me feel at home and fit into their church. He's 3 years older than me, but at the first sight I thought he's 10 years older than me. Hehe... =p But when I saw him playing games with Soo, I think he's 5 years younger than me.

He's someone who loves God a lot, someone who knows his priority very well and has his purpose clear. By looking at him, reminds me of my priority and my purpose too. He has been a great example for me to know what should I do and what can I do. His presence simply reminds me again and again of the reason I'm here in Petaling Jaya.

He's a kind of quiet person, or rather I should say not so expressive person. It's difficult to share things with him because he normally just say "no comment". Sometimes I don't even know whether he's listening or not. But he's still a nice guy as he'll come and fetch me everytime when there's any activities at night and make sure I reach home safe. He'll wait for me to go inside to my house.



Soo

An interesting person, I guess he's 2 years older than me, if not mistaken.

He's a very cute person. When he's around, there's always laughters. He loves to eat, even though he says he wants to control. He can't stand the temptation. Haha... He's also the one who will always tempt me to eat. Sometimes I don't feel like taking supper, I'm getting fat already with supper almost everyday, but he will purposely order the food that I want to eat and try to tempt me. Most of the time, I fall into his trap and join him in eating. Hehe...

He's someone who is nice to chat with. I like to talk to him because I won't feel pressure or worry about anything. I can just say what I want and know that he'll listen. He's really a nice guy.


Kevin

A cool and funky guy I can say. I like to see the way he dress up. He has good taste for fashion, or rather I should say he's more daring in wearing something funky. Not many guys dare to wear light apple green colour shirt. He looks good in that.

He has a very busy schedule with his work but yet he still try his very best to attend bible study and prayer meeting. He's quite, more quiet than Weng Soon. He's staying nearest to my house, so sometimes he'll be the one to fetch me home and see me go into my house safely. Don't really get to talk much with him yet, but I sense that he's a more sentimental and emotional guy. I just got to know that he's afraid of cockroaches too. Hehe...


Timothy

He's Uncle Weng Onn eldest son, who is also Joseph's brother. 1 year older than me. A big and tough guy. He has a lot to share. Whenever he's around, we don't have to worry there'll be silence. He's also someone who can eat a lot. A real big eater. Last week when we went to A&W, he finished 2 pieces of fried chicken and 2 burgers. And the best part is... that's not his best record. He can actually eat more than that. Scary isn't it?


Aliza

She's Timothy's girl friend. Same age with me. I know her because she's always with Timothy. Everytime we went out for supper, Tim will bring her along. Sometimes when I go to Jo's house, I'll still see her there. She's a unique person I can say. Actually I also don't know what can I say about her, that shows I still don't really know her, but one thing that I must say is... I know she's trying her best to be my friend. She's trying to be friendly to me. It's not an easy task because we both are totally from 2 different world and we have different channels. I'm also trying my best to be her friend too.

Tim and her are really loving. Hmm... I guess I don't feel comfortable seeing them together, doing all those sweet sweet act. Nothing wrong with them, it's just about me. I think I still prefer to hang around with single people.


I think that's it for now. I have been here for 2 months. I'm only close with these few friends. Should I consider it sad? Erm... I don't think so. They are new to me and I'm also new to them. We just need time to get to know each other better. I'm thankful to at least have them around. They really love me and care about me a lot. At least, staying here alone without my dearest family and friends, they are the ones who take care of me and make me feel loved. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... That's the first word that came to my mind and to my lips after reading your blogs... You are a person who can quite easily express yourself with words and I certainly am envious of you... I always get stuck when I go to my blog page wondering what to write... My mind will go blank and I'd not know what to do next but to you I think it all just comes out naturally... You really have to consider journalism or something as a part time career... After reading through your blogs I just realised that I'm not the only one feeling all alone... I might be living with my parents but there would be a communication barrier... I grew up with the barrier and I've gotten used to it but now I feel that I just wanna break the wall down but in vain... I always tell others that they are really fortunate to have someone so close to them and to be able to talk to but in fact its because they know what the word 'appreciate' means... I've always took things for granted and never ever thought about the true value of someone or something until one day I lose it... I've had things before and I've kept on losing them and it makes me wonder... Was it because I got it too easily and that was why I could just let it go easily? I always got my hands on the things that I want easily but when I have it in my hands I feel like wanting to throw it away to get something better and newer... It just gives me a feel of adrenaline when I finally get what I want in my hands... Well, I guess I have to stop here for now... Will be paying your blogspot here regular visits to update myself on your thoughts... Take care...

Anonymous said...

wanna talk only about D just talk la ... round so big round... you know wht i mean =p

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,
It's been long long time do not hear from you already. Sometime I will think about you but never leave you even one sms, hehe...
What a terrible friend, isn't it?
I feel happy that you could meet all of the friends you mentioned on the blog. I guest you have had more friends now and have had familiar with the life in PJ.
I hope you can explore more and more good things around you and wish you all the best.

A friend from Pg... :)

Anonymous said...

amy

ahem ahem??!! *wink wink*

so much good comments for jo? ;)