Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Interesting Incident in Singapore

Last Sunday after the Convention, my friends and I went over to Singapore for a day trip. Since I promised one of the main characters that I'll not use real name here, I shall use the alphabet A, B, C, D and E to represent them. I'm sure they themselves will know who I'm talking about.

We went there in the afternoon after lunch, while B can't go together with us as he needs to attend an important meeting. So 5 of us took a bus to Orchard Road first. We walked around looking at all the big shopping mall. I was amazed by the super huge and expensive shopping mall. I wonder whether Singaporean has nothing else better to do than to shop?

We ended spending most of our time in Kinokuniya, the biggest bookstore there. We enjoyed sitting there reading books. I'm sure some people will laugh at this. We went all the way to Singapore just to read books, which we can also do so in KL. Hehe...

Around evening, B came over to meet up with us. When he reached, he called C. C asked him to wait for us at the big fountain in front of the Ngee Aun City. It's a very big and beautiful fountain, a landmark I would say.

We walked over to meet him. C felt like giving him a surprise. So he wanted to frighten him. A, D and E didn't want to join the silly act, while C and I ran over from the other end without him noticing, trying to frighten him from the side. I quietly ran to the side and gave him a tap but I didn't know that C has climbed behind him and wanted to tap him from behind. C took the risk of having such a small place to squat down just an inch away from dropping into the water.

I didn't know he was there and I only touched him so "gently" but since he was squatting and he can't really balance himself, there went a big splash... He fell into the water, BOTTOM DOWN... with both his hands and legs up!!! And the most interesting part was he shouted "AIYAH"...so loud that everyone there were looking at us. I can even see them laughing too. Haha, who can not laugh at such a scene? A, D and E saw the whole scene from up there and they were laughing like mad.

At that point, although it's funny, I started to feel guilty and worry that C might be extremely angry of me as I have caused him into such an embarrassing moment. Phew... luckily he's fine and he's also laughing. Haha... I once read that the highest level of reaction is to be able to laugh at yourself when you are in deep shit. :-) Wow! C did it!

He was wet from top to bottom and from outside to inside... Haha!! We sat down behind there, looking at him, trying to think of what we can do next. So now we got to buy clothes for him to change. B, D and E walked a few steps away wanted to go and get something for C. Then, I called E, E looked back and got what I meant so he too start laughing. I guessed B got what I meant too and he felt shy so he walked back to C and trying to ask whether there's anything particular that he wants to buy. At that time, A got up and walked towards D and E. B saw it and immediately turned back and ran towards them without waiting for C to answer that question. Haha... It's just so funny to look at B's reaction.

C and I sat there and chat while waiting for them to buy back all the necessary. They went for so long that we finished exchanging stories from our grandmother's time. I think they took almost an hour. They then came back with a few packets in their hands. They told us that they have been hunting from shop to shop trying to get him the cheapest clothes that they can. Now they came back with EVERYTHING!!! T-shirt, short pants, slippers and even underwear. We were still laughing hard.

C walked into the toilet in the shopping mall with his head down, dare not even look up for a second, rushed his way through to the toilet.

We waited outside, continue to laugh out loud as we repeat the story over and over again. After awhile, C walked out with his new clothes from top to bottom and from outside to inside too... We were all waiting anxiously to find out whether he can fit into those garments. Good news!!! He can fit into all those but he has lots of comments, especially the pants and the underwear. =p

We were so hungry after all the laughing, it was late and we can't really eat what we planned to it anymore, so we just simply head to any restaurant that was still opened. After we got all our food, we start to refresh and repeat the story in more details again. We just couldn't have enough of it.

C then shared his findings in the toilet when he changed. He explained how the pants gave him the difficulties of doing his business in so much details, it's a bit censored and I'm not a guy so I can't really describe what really happened, it's so funny that we were all laughing til stomache and tears in the eyes. He also told us that this is the first time he's wearing such sexy underwear. He's just so fascinated with his new underwear. By the way, for your information, the underwear is the most expensive thing that they bought among all the clothes. It's even more expensive than the slippers and the pants. C couldn't believe it that he's buying such expensive underwear. The whole restaurant was filled with our laughter. I really had a great time laughing. I had not laugh so hard for quite a long long while already.

After that, we were quite tired and exhausted. We then took a taxi back to Johor Bahru, back to our hotel.

Most probably it was the most embarrassing day in C's life, but for me, it was the most memorable day full with laughter. I'm not sure about A, B, D and E but I'm sure it was one of the days that they will definitely remember for life!!! Haha... still can't stop laughing when I think about the whole incident.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little Amy,

Propose to revise your subject title to { "AIYAH"...Interesting Incident in Singapore }, because the legacy of the story is begin with the word AIYAH.

Your article really make me recall back the incident. I laugh with myself from office building walking to our car park, along the journey home, until from my car park walk to my condominium unit. Whenever, I think of the incident, I'm keep on laughing. Not sure anyone see this crazy guy today.

Still laughing now!

Anonymous said...

Naughty Amy,

Mr C here. Thanks for changing the names of the people involved. Hope everyone had a "splashing time" in Singapore.

AIYAH, oops I did it again.

Lesson learnt, Amy cannot be my partner in crime :-)

Best aiyah,
Mr C