Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Advance Manual Roadshow Workshop

Last Saturday, I went to PSDC to attend an advance manual roadshow workshop organised by Bayan Baru Toastmasters Club. I went there alone. I was happy and proud of myself as I can find the place so easily. (I know to many, it's an easy task, but for me to drive in an unfamiliar place and to find for a building that I hardly remember is a very difficult task)

They introduced us to 15 of the advance manuals. They told us what's the objective of the manuals, what's the 5 assignments in each manual and how to do it. There were also speakers to speak on an assignment in each manual. I learnt a lot. I got to know more about the advance manuals. I always find it difficult to choose a manual to start with. I have only 2 more assignments to go to finish my Advance Toastmaster Bronze, I'll have to choose 2 more manuals for my Advance Toastmaster Silver. After attending this workshop, I know which 2 I want to choose now.

Most of the manuals are technical or management speech, you need to be working then only you know how to do the speech. So as for me, I'm still studying so I was totally lost and have no idea how to do a technical or management speech. So there were only limited choice for me.

I also realize one thing. Most of the technical or management speeches, you need to deliver a speech sharing about an issue or a subject that you are really familiar in and as at the end of the speech, there will be a Q & A session whereby you will have to answer the audience questions. They might ask anything regarding to the topic you are sharing and you have to answer it immediately.

After some thinking, I realize that I don't even have a topic or subject that I'm really so familiar with that I'll feel comfortable and confidence to share it and welcome all questions. Should it be a sad thing? The only subject that I know better and I welcome any kinds of questions will be about Christianity or my Almight God. This is the only subject that I can answer impromptu questions. As most of the time, I'll be facing with a lot of questions when I share Christianity to my friends or non-christians. I think I can manage it after so many years of answering all kinds of questions. This is the only subject that I'm not afraid of people asking me any questions and I can try my best to answer.

Now I must really find out for myself what's the subject or topic that I know best or rather I must do more reading and be more knowledgable.

No comments: