Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Indian Wedding Dinner

Last Saturday, I attended an Indian wedding buffet dinner. It was very grant. They held in front of their house. They had loud speaker, buffet with ice-kacang, DJ, 3 layers high cake, beer, video recording and so on. The bride was not wearing the traditional sari but the wedding gown that we chinese normally wear.

The funniest part is when the DJ represents the host to show gratitude to all chinese friends who attended(most of the guests were chinese) by playing a chinese song for us. But the chinese that he played was about separation of a couple and it's a very sad song. It's not suitable for a wedding song at all. They didn't know the meaning of the songs and they didn't even find out what's the lyrics was saying before playing it just like that.

It's true that nowadays people do things without a purpose. They didn't know why they are doing it. They just do it for the sake of doing it. Just like this wedding song, they choose this song just because it's a chinese song and they played it just because they want to play a chinese song.

Most of the time we are like that too. We work just for the sake of working, we have to work, everyone work but we didn't know what's the purpose for us to work so hard. Just like our life, most people think that we live on this earth just for the sake that we were born. Our purpose is just to finish the whole process of life, birth-grow-study-work-married-family-sick-die. Is it so? If life's purpose is just like that, I think it's so sad and I don't want this kind of life.

I'm so happy that I know what's my purpose of my life. To know why an object was invented, we must ask the inventor of that object. To know what's my purpose of life, I must find the inventor of me which is God. I found Him and He gave me purpose to my life. I know my purpose of living and I'm glad that I'm not just fooling around in this earth but I have a mission to accomplish. Thank God for letting me realize my purpose of living.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agreed wat u said, most of the people just go through their life with no purpose!! I cant accept this kind of life after i came to KL then met my lecturer, the told me and he was sharing with me the words of GOD.Only the creator will know the purpose of the thing he has created. Therefore, GOD make us have his purpose....!!Girl..you hope that your tasks given by GOD will achieve it smoothly,GOD Bless...